Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

Really liked the episode of 3 Body Problem. Eiza González is smoking hot too!!

Googled her, and... well yes, very much so.

Googled the show....Benioff and Weiss and can do one.

Edited by Wainy316

38 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Googled her, and... well yes, very much so.

Googled the show....Benioff and Weiss and can do one.

Is that because you didn't like what they did with GoT? 

I didn't watch (or read) GoT, so I have no such axe to grind. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Is that because you didn't like what they did with GoT? 

I didn't watch (or read) GoT, so I have no such axe to grind. 

Yes, and explained perfectly above 

7 hours ago, Chindie said:

In fairness what B&W did with GoT was so heinous you'd be foolish to engage with much else they ever did.

Not just the fall off in standards when they got past the books, but the final couple of series, and particularly the final series itself, absolutely reeked of them wanting to ditch the entire thing as fast as possible without any care for how it was done and whether it made any sense or held a candle to what came before it, or has any respect for the time investment of the people that watched it. You could damn near hear the tyres screeching outside the editing room as they escaped it watching the final series.

Never watching a thing they touch again.

Agreed. They shouldn’t ever be allowed anywhere near a TV show or studio again. 

• Shocked 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

That just seems silly to me. 

Thats because you weren’t involved when they intentionally sabotaged the biggest show in the world.  

If they had tried their best and failed, fair enough. But to do what they did on purpose is unforgivable (in the media world).

But I do accept they are good at what they can do which is why Netflix have given them a chance after Disney dumped them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Thats because you weren’t involved when they intentionally sabotaged the biggest show in the world.  

If they had tried their best and failed, fair enough. But to do what they did on purpose is unforgivable (in the media world).

But I do accept they are good at what they can do which is why Netflix have given them a chance after Disney dumped them. 

Did they? 

I know the ending was rushed and a huge disappointment but sabotage? 

Also seems like a lot of anger is aimed at these guys for creating that ending while what's his face gets away with still not finishing the books

22 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Also seems like a lot of anger is aimed at these guys for creating that ending while what's his face gets away with still not finishing the books

He should really just stop pretending at this point. 13 years since the last book, there is meant to be at least 1 more, and he's against letting anyone else finish the series when he inevitably dies before finishing it. From the 3rd onwards I bought them all on release day and re-read the preceding books, but at this point I don't think I'd bother with the next one even if it ever comes out.

Edited by Davkaus

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Did they deliberately sabotage it? Almost certainly not, they just didn't give a shit and wanted to rush off to the next project. In an ideal world, they'd have left and let someone who still had a passion for the project take over.

Isn’t letting it all fall to shit because they wanted to rush off an act of deliberate sabotage?

They were offered basically unlimited budget to continue, as many seasons as they wanted, a film or films to end it, the offer to let someone else take over so they could leave, and so on… and they simply said “nah, here’s something quick we patched together in our sleep, see you laters losers”… and off they went.

12 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

Really liked the episode of 3 Body Problem. Eiza González is smoking hot too!!

Eiza Gonzalez was cast in the Salma Hayek role for the Dusk Till Dawn TV series adaptation.

You're welcome. 👍

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

He should really just stop pretending at this point. 13 years since the last book, there is meant to be at least 1 more, and he's against letting anyone else finish the series when he inevitably dies before finishing it. From the 3rd onwards I bought them all on release day and re-read the preceding books, but at this point I don't think I'd bother with the next one even if it ever comes out.

There’s a few excerpts out there from winds of winter, I’m still holding out hope he’s going to get round to finishing it

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

There’s a few excerpts out there from winds of winter, I’m still holding out hope he’s going to get round to finishing it

Based on absolutely nothing I still think he advised them on the ending, saw the backlash, will revise it and then there'll be a weird fanbase out there who scream from rooftops about how wrong the TV show was and how he's a genius in comparison 

The only surprise for me is that it hasn't already happened 

He wrote about a thousand pages for it last year apparently, but that's from the same bloke who thought he'd be "done in 3 months" about a decade ago.

Either he's just not got the motivation to finish it, and who could blame him at this point, or he's got absolutely no idea how to bring it all together and every time he writes a few hundred pages he realises he's no closer to an end.

But this maybe belongs in the what are you (literally never going to have the chance to be) reading thread:)

See the thing is, I've read LotR and seen the films, and that's the beginning and the end of the fantasy genre for me. I've occasionally dipped a toe in that stuff over the years, but without exception it's left me cold. I did watch the first episode of GoT, thought it was twaddle. So I don't give a monkey's about whatever their names are (never heard of them until the last few posts) bailing on it. They get a clean slate from me. And 3BP is hard SF (see elsewhere for my antipathy to the term 'sci-fi'), so rather more to my taste. So far (3 eps) it's promising. That's all I care about. If it fizzles out, I'll drop it, and watch something else. It's only a telly programme at the end of the day. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone watch the Chines version of 3 Body Problem that came out a year or so ago? Called Three-Body. I managed something like 12 eps out of 30 before giving up. It was just so slow, dialogue heavy and well Chinese (which is fair enough). I imagine the 8 episodes Hollywood version will be a different kind of beast. 

Btw there is a Chinese movie(s) coming too that's been on ice since 2015.

Â