Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

16 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

It's available on the high seas. 

?

Do you mean dodgy downloads; if you "know" someone/where ?

Am afraid I only got Netflix, apple, sky and prime video. Would've hoped that might've covered it 

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Its a weird show that's hard to explain, it follows a main arc about as loosely as it possibly can, it's got 4 main characters but an episode might only feature 1 or 2 of them and go off on a complete tangent

Wait til you get to season 3...

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I saw something about them filming an episode in London and I wanted to watch it so started again (not even sure if it's true?) 

Yep

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I've just finished Bosch Legacy & Lincoln Lawyer, I thought Bosch was better. Lincoln Lawyer just ran out of steam for me, felt a bit powder puff IMO. Could of been 2 episodes less, and I'm not convinced with the casting of Mickey Haller. 6/10

im the same, i watched LL when it came out 2 months ago (?) so i might be wrong here but bosch does a neater job of tying up its various storylines in the last 2 episodes, LL closes something in episode 6 and has something new popping up in episode 7 and stuff like winning a case for an IT expert in episode 2 and him returning the favour in episode 8, it did have some nice moments in it though, id say LL is a 7/10 whereas bosch is an 8

agree on the casting, took me a while to get my head around him not being MM but having read the books its MM that is miscast but he gives a good typical MM swagger performance, the books are very good, ive read a couple of LL whereas my wife has read a fair few from bosch and the female detective series 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

?

Do you mean dodgy downloads; if you "know" someone/where ?

Am afraid I only got Netflix, apple, sky and prime video. Would've hoped that might've covered it 

I use an app called CinemaHD on a Firestick to stream television and films. It's great, there's loads of youtube videos and tutorials online. 

• Thanks 1

I've enjoyed the first couple of episodes of Sandman. It's been a very long time since I read Sandman, but the first episode was basically the first couple of issues of the comic extrapolated out significantly. But very good all the same.

I'll be interested to see how much they do this as a faithful adaptation - I can't really see them

Spoiler

doing the issue where Dream essentially inspires the Taming of the Shrew...

On 15/08/2022 at 15:41, theunderstudy said:

Rewatching Chernobyl. Absolutely chock-full of incredible performances. Can't think of many more TV shows that have horrified me as much as it does. Literally seizes you by the throat and doesn't let go

End of episode two (?) with the clicking.

Didn't realise how tense I was watching it until the credits began. I was in pain I'd been holding my breath so long. I think the clicking continued through the credits actually, not sure.

• Like 1

Sandman was a proper show of two halves for me.

The first five or six episodes were great but as soon as Rose Walker and her merry band came in it just fell flat.  No idea of the source material but I assume she's meant to be the main character.

Give me the David Thewlis, Charles Dance and battles in hell from the early episodes over that.

4 hours ago, Bizzzle said:

I am halfway through Sandman and I am not sure if I can be bothered to finish it or not

I thought the first couple eps was OK, went downhill after that. All feels very flat and shallow.

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

End of episode two (?) with the clicking.

Didn't realise how tense I was watching it until the credits began. I was in pain I'd been holding my breath so long. I think the clicking continued through the credits actually, not sure.

Yeah with the divers going into darkness with the geiger counter turning from clicking into a screech. Honestly one of the most terrifying scenes I've seen. Incredibly despite the massive risks involved not only did they complete their mission in the dark (no backup windup torches!) They actually survived and 2 are currently still alive.

The leading trio of Jared Harris, Emily Watson and Stellan Skarsgard are all fantastic and supported by some brilliant supporting performances (Paul Ritter, Jessie Buckley etc)

On 17/08/2022 at 19:00, Designer1 said:

Anyone watched Atlanta?

Keep hearing good things and one of my mates was waxing lyrical about it today and was stunned I hadn't seen it.

Gonna give it a go tonight I think.

It’s brilliant. Haven’t watched the third season yet but it’s great. Childish Gambino is a genius 

• Like 2

4 episodes of Sandman down and it's quite good. It's not a slavishly strict adaptation, but it works all the same. A few of the changes they've made are a bit *shrug*, and it does feel a bit... Doctor Who with a budget and literate Goth tendencies, but on the whole I'm happy with it. The next episode could make or break it though - the episode is based on one of the most overtly horror parts of the story and it won't be easy to adapt that successfully...

Â