Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 04/09/2022 at 14:13, sne said:

Devil in Ohio on Netflix. It's marketed as horror and it is not horror unless you are Maud Flanders.

It could have been decent if it's been condensed into movie instead of a 8 part show. I ended up fast forwarding after 3 eps but I finished it in record time so that's something. 

5/10 content filler that could have been pretty good if they stuck to the good parts.

Just finished it there, agree its not brilliant. Would have the appetite for a second series if the focus was more on a police investigsation into the cult. Won't happen though.

• Like 1

Finished hand maids tale

I'm not sure how something so bad is so watchable 

It has the serious problem that it thinks Elizabeth Moss' acting chops is the best thing about it*, it's not, Gilead is the best thing about it and all it's weird and wonderful cruelty in the name of God 

* it's not quite Carrie in homeland but it's getting close, she's not a very good character no matter how good the acting is and she's nowhere near believable 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Binged Cobra  Kai over 2 nights , great silly fun as always , so cheesy yet you’ve invested in the Lawrence character and want to see how it plays out 

but it really needs to end now , only so many times people can be good , turn bad then redeem themselves which becoming a world champion Karate person inside a few weeks .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Had an email from Netflix this morning, new show coming out called ‘1899’ from the same folks who wrote and produced ‘Dark’ (which I thought was absolutely superb, if not challenging to keep up with).

Should be a good’un.

where have you been they announced it over a year ago 😜

• Like 2

Made in Wrexham has been surprisingly good so far. It has got a lot of... football for dummies... bits to it and some of the humour is terrible. but it's quite a nice watch over all. A behind the scenes look at the real nitty gritty of professional football. Yes you do have to kinda set aside the feeling that basically Wrexham are trying to do the same thing Citeh have done with rich owners just on a much smaller scale, but it's enjoyable all the same. Especially as both Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds seem to want to do things right by the club.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chindie said:

Made in Wrexham has been surprisingly good so far. It has got a lot of... football for dummies... bits to it and some of the humour is terrible. but it's quite a nice watch over all. A behind the scenes look at the real nitty gritty of professional football. Yes you do have to kinda set aside the feeling that basically Wrexham are trying to do the same thing Citeh have done with rich owners just on a much smaller scale, but it's enjoyable all the same. Especially as both Rob McElhenney and Ryan Reynolds seem to want to do things right by the club.

I watched 7 of the 8 episodes of series one last night.

It started great, the kind of thing I was expecting but then it went off a bit, then off a lot.

First couple of episodes are the behind the scenes I was expecting. Then there’s a few episodes that are more about the fans and less about football. Then the 7th episode was really quite bizarre. The one all about Wales.

The dynamic between Rob and Ryan is awkward. Ryan is a naturally funny guy but the scripted comedy is generally awkward and misses most of the time too.

I’m still really confused by the whole project. Is it actually true they had never met in person before buying Wrexham? Just so random.

18 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Watched the first 9 episodes season 5 of Cobra Kai in record-time as I skipped forward a lot. Last episode was very good though.

It’s got very silly and Daniel Laruso is pretty unlikeable only redeemed by his interaction with Chozen. 

most of the kids are whiny bitches too

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bizzzle said:

The new Grand Tour is the best episode of it since they started just doing one off specials imo. Reminded me of the good old days of Top Gear 

yeah i watched it at the weekend, to be fair to them with rona its been hard but that was the first one in a long time that felt sponsored by a tourism board and some of the shots were beautiful

• Like 2

On 18/09/2022 at 13:52, rjw63 said:

The Firm, on FreeVee, based on a John Grisham book.

Pretty decent watch while waiting for other stuff to air, on episode 16 of 22.

Most Grisham / book adaptations are a disgrace. The Firm movie was shockingly bad. Is this any better?

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Most Grisham / book adaptations are a disgrace. The Firm movie was shockingly bad. Is this any better?

After getting to the 22nd and final episode, and watching the minutes tick down, and realising they were NOT going to finish the story, I'd now say don't bother. 

The show was left on multiple unfinished storylines and NBC cancelled it! 

Bastards. 

• Thanks 1

Â