Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 21/09/2022 at 23:22, BOF said:

Just watched the first episode of Dahmer on Netflix and it was brilliant. It won't take me long to race through the rest of this I think.

Just came here to say the same. I watched it last night and loved it. They’ve got his appearance down to a tee, and I assume his mannerisms too. 

• Like 2

The images of Dahmer's apartment and some of the pictures he kept of victims are one of those things you can never quite forget. Be interested to see how far the series goes.

Very interesting 'origin' as well and processes/products...

Spoiler

he became obsessed with 2 things - a runner that jogged past his house regularly which seemed to awaken his interest in fit young men, and anatomy. He used to dissect and treat animal corpses to collect parts of them, skeletons and the like. Skip forward a decade and he's preserving cocks, trying to make sex zombies by drilling into people's skulls and pouring various chemicals onto their brain, and making an altar with his trophies.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

On 21/09/2022 at 23:22, BOF said:

Just watched the first episode of Dahmer on Netflix and it was brilliant. It won't take me long to race through the rest of this I think.

How you getting on with this Brian or has anyone else watched the whole series yet?

Edited by markavfc40

13 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

How you getting on with this Brian or has anyone else watched the whole series yet?

Halfway through and it's perfectly fine but I don't love it. Evan Peters is good in the lead and nothing wrong with the rest of the cast either. But for me it's just something, not sure what that isn't clicking.

It's basically a really, really, really slow origin story that jumps back and forth in time a lot. Not sure how accurate it is or how much they have "improved" the story to fit for a TV-show. Don't think it needed to be 10eps but only halfway through so maybe it does. Bit of a pain to get through thou tbf.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, sne said:

Halfway through and it's perfectly fine but I don't love it. Evan Peters is good in the lead and nothing wrong with the rest of the cast either. But for me it's just something, not sure what that isn't clicking.

It's basically a really, really, really slow origin story that jumps back and forth in time a lot. Not sure how accurate it is or how much they have "improved" the story to fit for a TV-show. Don't think it needed to be 10eps but only halfway through so maybe it does. Bit of a pain to get through thou tbf.

standard netflix then

still looking forward to watching though

• Like 1

I’m only three episodes in to Dahmer but I’m enjoying it. It’s seems pretty true to the reality based off of what I’ve read about him and his awful crimes. 

I agree with @snein that it’s VERY slow going, so many scenes are drawn out for artist effect or to try and build tension, which can make things a bit boring. 

Watched the first episode of Marriage. **** weird 'theme' song. Intensely irritating art-wank style. Sean Bean and Nicola Walker good though I fear this is going to be an infuriating watch where I end up screaming "JUST HAVE A CONVERSATION YOU REPRESSED clearings in the woods" several times. 

late to the party but 2 episodes in to the woodstock 99 documentary

for all the **** ups with the organisation etc, i hope some of the lads who were there that weekend watch it and think to themselves..."yeah...i was an utter dick back then"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rodders said:

Watched the first episode of Marriage. **** weird 'theme' song. Intensely irritating art-wank style. Sean Bean and Nicola Walker good though I fear this is going to be an infuriating watch where I end up screaming "JUST HAVE A CONVERSATION YOU REPRESSED clearings in the woods" several times. 

Never heard of this but I assume that Sean Bean dies at some point in it? 

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Never heard of this but I assume that Sean Bean dies at some point in it? 

Or gets put in a bath of ice to “kill or cure”

(Only of episode of Sharpe I have ever seen)

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

Dahmer is fantastic, very well done.

Can completely understand why some would have an issue with it though, factual documentaries are one thing but dramatizing it into a mini series...

I think the issue is more that they purposefully make it slow in order to make it unnerving and tense and its working for my wife as she finds it really creepy, I'm not so sure, like I said I'm only on episode 4 but I'm leaning towards it having the usual Netflix 10 episode problem

i wouldn't say its better than the John Wayne Gacy Tapes which was 3 episodes, there's definitely some interesting similarities between the two

I'm up to episode 6 of Dahmer and it really is very well done. As mentioned earlier, it is an interesting view that they've focussed so much on his environment (and rightly so) rather than just flitting murder to murder chronologically. 

Episode 6 in particular was one of the most haunting & disturbing episodes of television I think I've ever watched. I just blankly stared at the credits as they rolled. Horrible. 

• Like 1

Like others I'm making my way through Dahmer. It's great stuff. I'm only on episode 4 but I'm already suspecting it might be a few episodes too long as a series. But It's still excellent

I'm dying to do some googling and reading up about him but will wait until I've seen it all first

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rodders said:

Watched two and stopped. Suffocatingly awkward at times!

Â