Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 23/08/2022 at 23:46, sheepyvillian said:

I'm on another Sopranos re - run. That moment when Dr Melfi cries out in anguish to Tony whilst together in therapy. You so want her to tell him about the rape. The chemistry those two had really made The Sopranos what it was.

Loved Sopranos but didn’t actually like the therapy sessions. Found it the most boring part of the show.

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Loved Sopranos but didn’t actually like the therapy sessions. Found it the most boring part of the show.

I suppose it depends on what you're looking for. For me, it was fascinating to watch Tony at his most vulnerable, and at the same Time, watching the Therapist trying to unravel the puzzle of Tony Soprano, whilst also having to repress the sexual tension that so blatantly existed between patient and doctor. 

It takes a special kind of acting to bring those scenarios to life. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 3

Gandolfini's heavy breathing became its own character later on in the series. Wonderful actor though! 

Coco won't be lewd in front of his daughter again! :D 

• Like 2

I've started watching the Danny Boyle serios Pistol about Steve Jones and The Sex Pistols. Bearing in mind that the storyline is not exactly accurate (Jones and Chrissie Hynde did not have this drawn out affair), some of it is interesting, I didn't know the source of the song Bodies and it explains that quite well even though the subject is never called Pauline

Anyway, the real reason to watch it is the acting, Anson Boon who plays John Lydon is absolutely brilliant, he has Lydon absolutely nailed. Worth watching for that alone

• Like 2

I've just finished Pistol and I really was impressed by the acting, most of the cast nailed their real life characters. I've already mentioned Anson Boon but the whole cast did a really good job. Maisie Williams is also brilliant as Jordan (and for you fans of boobs, she does indeed get them out in Ep2). 

The story has far too much artistic licence but it does roughly tell the tale of the Pistols but the acting is excellent, it’s a rarity in these biographical stories that actors get their characters spot on but here the whole cast do. It’s well worth a few hours of your time

• Like 1

On 30/08/2022 at 10:50, Bizzzle said:

The first episode of Welcome to Wrexham was pretty good. 

As owners go Deadpool and Mac are already Hall Of Fame . It's crazy really and they do seem to genuinely love it.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2022 at 23:06, Chindie said:

Episode 6 of Sandman was rather well done. Essentially 2 half episodes on a theme and done interestingly and tastefully. Might be the best episode so far.

Watched that tonight and Thought it was fantastic. Really 'enjoyed' the diner episode too, although it was a tough watch! 

8 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Shame, I liked it and am hoping for a third season. 

We're big fans of European crime series, and I tried very hard to like this one, but I just thought it was a bit silly. Implausible plot, cardboard characters, unconvincing acting. Must try harder, Luxembourg. 

At least I've learned that the  Luxembourgish language is a weird mashup of German and French. 

• Like 1

finished only murders in the building season 2, its ok, its definitely a step down but well worth watching if you enjoyed the first, id say its a 7/10 whereas the first was am 8/10, some of it is a stretch and convoluted to make it fit

so i need something new for tonight...anyone watched season 2 of the flight attendant? or keeper of the ashes?

Â