Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Finished Better Things, I can recommend that one.

Moved onto Better Call Saul...it's been so **** long since season 5 I can hardly remember WTF is going on.

With the extended delay (COVID plus Odenkirk's heart attack), the wife and I realised we wouldn't get the most out of the final series (6) without fully remembering the intricacies of the first 5 series, so we re-watched from the very beginning. We were surprised how much we enjoyed it - even more than the first watch.

We're waiting until the final ever episode is available next week before we binge watch over the following few days.

Without spoiler tags, I've had to avoid the BCS thread, despite wanting to read how good, or not, it was.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

:lol: It is, sorry! I'm a melon and there a literally Norwegian flags shown throughout! deerrrr

Sounds like you qualify to be an honorary Norwegian :D 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mikeyp102 said:

As always I’m miles behind with everything, but started Parks and Rec recently. Was just finishing second series and it was getting better and better… now those basterds at Netflix have removed it.   

Have they? Dammit, I love Parks and Rec. It definitely improves massively from the second series onwards.

18 hours ago, brommy said:

With the extended delay (COVID plus Odenkirk's heart attack), the wife and I realised we wouldn't get the most out of the final series (6) without fully remembering the intricacies of the first 5 series, so we re-watched from the very beginning. We were surprised how much we enjoyed it - even more than the first watch.

We're waiting until the final ever episode is available next week before we binge watch over the following few days.

Without spoiler tags, I've had to avoid the BCS thread, despite wanting to read how good, or not, it was.

You and Mrs. Brommy will not be disappointed :D

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Have they? Dammit, I love Parks and Rec. It definitely improves massively from the second series onwards.

Great show and really finds it feet after season 2. I'd skip the final season though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Great show and really finds it feet after season 2. I'd skip the final season though. 

Yeah, I didn't have great memories of the final season but on rewatch it's better than I thought. 

Looks like Capitani, Luxembourgs finest (and probably only) police show might get a third season.

Worth a look on Netflix.

*THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT*

If you do not wish to waste 2/3 nights watching "Keep Breathing" on Netflix, then do not watch.

It starts off ok, quite intriguing, and spirals into a story about people you don't like, let alone give a shit about.

AVOID AVOID AVOID.

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Does Yellowstone get better, or is it just as slow?

I've been recommended this show by a friend (who has questionable TV tastes), so I've got it lined up. Would welcome a few opinions from the very cultured VT TV posters.

Blasting my way through atlanta seasons 1 and 2 again so I can watch season 3 for the first time 

Its such a weird show, the lack of story arc and continuity means it doesn't make a lot of sense at the best of times and then last night I watched Teddy Perkins again... For some reason it's great, it shouldn't work but it does, the 4 leads are all brilliant and it's littered with stand out moments that despite its largely depressing nature it's just an enjoyable watch 

That said I had forgotten 90% of it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Blasting my way through atlanta seasons 1 and 2 again so I can watch season 3 for the first time 

Its such a weird show, the lack of story arc and continuity means it doesn't make a lot of sense at the best of times and then last night I watched Teddy Perkins again... For some reason it's great, it shouldn't work but it does, the 4 leads are all brilliant and it's littered with stand out moments that despite its largely depressing nature it's just an enjoyable watch 

Season 3 very much continues with the weirdness. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Black Bird finished very good. Paul Walter Hauser is awesome. 

Just finished it myself.

Thought the whole cast were superb and it was a great show.

I think the two hander scene in ep5 between Hall and Keene will stay with me for a while. Haunting stuff indeed and made even worse as its all based on fact.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The Teddy Perkins episode is an absolutely amazing piece of TV. Genius. 

5 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

The Teddy Perkins episode is an absolutely amazing piece of TV. Genius. 

Its genuinely uncomfortable to watch especially with the egg

Darius is my favourite character and Lakeith Stanfield is a great actor (judas and the black messiah is a brilliant film) 

• Like 1

Â