Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 15/07/2022 at 21:32, sne said:

For anyone thinking of watching the latest Netflix Resident Evil show, just don't.

It's 95% young adult drama sprinkled with just enough familiar Resident Evil varnish so they could make a trailer.

Lance Reddick is great but wasted on this and it feels like they spend all of their budget on that giant CGI caterpillar in the first 5 mins of ep 1. Goes from slug to slog after that.

It's just content with a recognizable IP. 3/10 raccoon do-do

Netflixs omstart av "Resident Evil" får officiellt premiärdatum,  teaseraffischer - Jugo Mobile | Tekniknyheter & recensioner & spel

spacer.png

So far got to EP2, I don't think I'd be too upset if the rest of the episodes suddenly became unavailable.

• Haha 1

"Capitani" on Netflix, a police detective type show from Luxembourg.

Only half hour per episode so easy to whizz through, pretty decent in fact, and there's a season two already up.

On 21/07/2022 at 10:44, Designer1 said:

Talking of top tier TV, I watched the last episode of We Own This City last night.

Just fantastic from start to finish and what a superb cast they put together - especially Jon Bernthal who was absolutely outstanding as Wayne Jenkins. A performance that will be talked about for years imo.

Did a bit of a dive into the real story after I watched it and good lord, that city is a cesspool of corruption isn't it? incredible stuff.

Yeh we spoke about how good Jon Bernthal was last week.  He really makes you despise his character.

Had a total knee replacement on 12th July and have been signed off for 6 weeks, so was looking forward to polishing off BCS, only to find it's being released one per week. 

I got others to start and binge but just wanted a BCS fix to get me on the road to recovery 🙄

12 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Had a total knee replacement on 12th July and have been signed off for 6 weeks, so was looking forward to polishing off BCS, only to find it's being released one per week. 

I got others to start and binge but just wanted a BCS fix to get me on the road to recovery 🙄

Get well soon fella

• Thanks 1

On 21/07/2022 at 14:47, Designer1 said:

It's on NOWTV if you don't have a Sky sub.

Whut? It's on the high seas as well dontcha know. And other places it's EZ 2 find ;)

If still stuck just phone 1337x...

Second season of "Capitani" was very good, hope they do more. 

Now moved onto "Better Things" on BBC iplayer. Always liked me a bit of Cokey Smurf 😍

House of the Dragon looks incredible. The cast, sets, timeline. I've just finished Fire and Blood and I'm definitely hyped for the show now. I just hope the script is good, Martin is involved so hopefully it'll be GoT S1-4 quality. 

I just pray Martin finishes Winds and Spring, I've read all the books 3 times and he just simply has to finish them so we get a proper ending unlike the show. 

• Like 1

Started America the Beautiful on Disney+, big budget North America nature doc series by National Geographic 

I'm generally not a fan of NG docs or american docs so this ones off to a good start... The big reason being the faux drama and fortunately from what I've seen this avoids it, the quality of the footage i need to watch more but its really high planet earth level high, some it is beautiful 

Then there are the problems... Its not Planet Earth, its not DA, it jumps around a bit and feels a bit patchwork in how its edited together (from memory that was a problem for Netflixs DA show too) the flying shots get old really quickly and Michael B Jordan feels like a man getting paid to read lines and the soundtrack is fitting and OK rather than elevating what's on screen

Overall is just doesn't have that magesticness and epicness that PE has, it spends a lot of time telling you something is amazing rather than just letting the footage do it

PE spoiled me

On 21/07/2022 at 02:44, Designer1 said:

Talking of top tier TV, I watched the last episode of We Own This City last night.

Just fantastic from start to finish and what a superb cast they put together - especially Jon Bernthal who was absolutely outstanding as Wayne Jenkins. A performance that will be talked about for years imo.

Did a bit of a dive into the real story after I watched it and good lord, that city is a cesspool of corruption isn't it? incredible stuff.

It also has the added bonus of being a The Wire cast reunion. Genuinely one of the best things I've seen in the last year or two.

Can't recommend it enough. Unless you didn't like The Wire, in which case you're dead to me anyway.

Â