Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

12 hours ago, villa4europe said:

finished only murders in the building season 2, its ok, its definitely a step down but well worth watching if you enjoyed the first, id say its a 7/10 whereas the first was am 8/10, some of it is a stretch and convoluted to make it fit

so i need something new for tonight...anyone watched season 2 of the flight attendant? or keeper of the ashes?

Don’t bother with S2 of The Flight Attendant, it’s woeful.

S1 was decent, but the 2nd reeks of them making it up on the hoof, due to the popularity of S1. 

We gave up after 3/4 episodes and I rarely knock a show on the head 1/2 way through, even if it’s bad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Another laugh out loud moment on The Sopranos. When Paulie and Christopher are in the Pine Barrens and after coming off the phone to Tony, Paulie tells Chris that the Russian was an interior decorator to which Christopher replies, "his house looked like shit". 

You sometimes forget just how good this show was.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Another laugh out loud moment on The Sopranos. When Paulie and Christopher are in the Pine Barrens and after coming off the phone to Tony, Paulie tells Chris that the Russian was an interior decorator to which Christopher replies, "his house looked like shit". 

You sometimes forget just how good this show was.

Your right there, the pine Barron's episode is the highlight of the whole series for me. Re watching it all for the 4th time and just watched episode when Junior and Tony talk about him having an uncle with learning difficulties, like a comedy sketch.

Anyone watched "The Offer" about the making of the godfather? On the 5th episode and it's been good so far. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tinker said:

Your right there, the pine Barron's episode is the highlight of the whole series for me. Re watching it all for the 4th time and just watched episode when Junior and Tony talk about him having an uncle with learning difficulties, like a comedy sketch.

Anyone watched "The Offer" about the making of the godfather? On the 5th episode and it's been good so far. 

What it The Offer on?

3 hours ago, tinker said:

Your right there, the pine Barron's episode is the highlight of the whole series for me. 

First episode I ever watched! 

Saw a snippet in a newspaper, probably the sun as my step dad read it, that said something along the lines of channel 4 tonight maybe the best hour of TV you'll ever see

Even a broken clock is right twice a day... 

Went for handmaid's tale season 4 in the end, added to German amazon prime this week 

Its fixed it life outside gilead problem but it still really suffers from its main one 

Spoiler

June is too powerful, it's unrealistic 

But does at least go in heavy on some of their better bits

Spoiler

Praying before torture in the name of God 

Its strangely very watchable and intriguing without being very good

On 17/08/2022 at 20:00, Designer1 said:

Anyone watched Atlanta?

Keep hearing good things and one of my mates was waxing lyrical about it today and was stunned I hadn't seen it.

Gonna give it a go tonight I think.

I’m on ep. 5 now after starting this earlier in the week. It’s excellent. Very clever, very well written. 

Devil in Ohio on Netflix. It's marketed as horror and it is not horror unless you are Maud Flanders.

It could have been decent if it's been condensed into movie instead of a 8 part show. I ended up fast forwarding after 3 eps but I finished it in record time so that's something. 

5/10 content filler that could have been pretty good if they stuck to the good parts.

Finished Sandman.

Enjoyed it overall. The first half is better than the second, the second is a bit more... silly, which equally the comics were as well so no shock, and it's also where it becomes the most Dr. Who-y. But not bad at all and feels like a well made and considered series overall. 

The 'bonus' episode is particularly interesting. An adaptation of one of the most popular issues of the comic, a Dream of a Thousand Cats, which basically is the central theme of the series shoved into a standalone story about cats to make sure you get it, and of another short story about Calliope, which gets very, very dark (though not explicitly), but acts as an adult fable really. Both are very good, the first having some nice animation and the second some very nice performances, particularly from the Richard Madoc character who has to slide from nervous and pathetic, through smarm and narcissism to anger and threat scene to scene.

Overall, very good. Absolutely something that a lot of people will hate, but if you get on board with its style, the new romantic semi goth fantasy with horror and mythology foundations smashed into Dr Who, it's far better than it has any right to be.

• Like 2

On 21/07/2022 at 10:42, BOF said:

I thought I'd left [The Sopranos] too late, but in the end it became the bargaining chip needed to get a mate of mine to start watching BCS.  He called it a 'cultural exchange' :)  So I'm 10 episodes in.

I stopped around ep 12 ish . It's a chore now. I suspected the source material wouldn't grab me. It didn't.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Finished Sandman.

Enjoyed it overall. The first half is better than the second, the second is a bit more... silly, which equally the comics were as well so no shock, and it's also where it becomes the most Dr. Who-y. But not bad at all and feels like a well made and considered series overall. 

The 'bonus' episode is particularly interesting. An adaptation of one of the most popular issues of the comic, a Dream of a Thousand Cats, which basically is the central theme of the series shoved into a standalone story about cats to make sure you get it, and of another short story about Calliope, which gets very, very dark (though not explicitly), but acts as an adult fable really. Both are very good, the first having some nice animation and the second some very nice performances, particularly from the Richard Madoc character who has to slide from nervous and pathetic, through smarm and narcissism to anger and threat scene to scene.

Overall, very good. Absolutely something that a lot of people will hate, but if you get on board with its style, the new romantic semi goth fantasy with horror and mythology foundations smashed into Dr Who, it's far better than it has any right to be.

Should finish this tonight - glad the Rose Walker storyline has finished as it was not a patch on the opening few episodes.

overall it’s been decent though! 

next up Better Call Saul! 

Â