Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished Midnight Mass. Was kinda painful to watch but people seem to be enjoying it. 

Spoiler

Interesting ending for the only 3 people alive being the Sheriff and the two kids. The Sheriff will now die of the multiple gun shot wounds as theres no chance of medical help. The 2 kids are going to likely die of starvation and exposure as every building on the island has been burnt down and all the communication methods destroyed. Guess they might get lucky and the ferry comes back but feels like they didn't really think the ending through. 

On 01/10/2021 at 23:49, Wainy316 said:

Five episodes into Squid Game.  It’s like a cross between Battle Royale, Fall Guys, Danganronpa and El Hoyo.

Not too sure what to make of it. I'm 4 episodes in now. Think there's 9 in all. Will persevere I guess....

On 30/09/2021 at 16:02, maqroll said:

30 minutes into Mare of Eastwood, and I shut it off. Bad dialogue. Winslets American accent is off-putting, too. The depressing scenery doesn't help either. Cliches abound.

Surprised by this. I loved that show

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

Not too sure what to make of it. I'm 4 episodes in now. Think there's 9 in all. Will persevere I guess....

It's good, definitely worth watching. Potentially a little predictable/ridiculous in some parts. Very well acted and shot with some fantastic sequences/visuals. 

On 27/09/2021 at 16:31, Bizzzle said:

Watched what I thought was the 1st episode of Foundation last night but turns out I actually watched the 2nd episode first! I wondered why I was so **** confused throughout! My head still isn’t in the game after the stag do I went on at the weekend! Oh well I’ll watch the 1st one tonight it seems pretty good anyway but I have never read the source material 

Got your episodes in order yet? Am enjoying it so far...

Watching Top Coppers on Netflix and it's very funny if somewhat quirky. 

The best bit so far is in episode 5 which revolves around a priceless treasure... 

A Dean Saunders Topps sticker. 

Nearly finished Squid Game. Been watching the dubbed version and the American voices are pretty shockingly awful, as is the dialogue.

Think I'll watch again with the subtitles seeing as all the news stories say they they are closer to the original dialogue (although still not perfect) 

Enjoying it lots though.

12 hours ago, Anthony said:

Got your episodes in order yet? Am enjoying it so far...

Lol I am leaving it a few weeks so a few episodes build up and I can watch it back to back so I can watch it properly. I liked the episode I saw though so have high hopes for the rest of it

The Chestnut Man 2021 - Netflix

Danish noir cop murder thriller, pretty well done, some recognisable second tier scandi stars.

Only 6 episodes so blasted through it in a couple of days.

The character development is steady and I only really connected with the government minister and her husband, the cops seemed one dimensional but opened up as it went one.

Would definitely sign up to another season. 8/10

• Like 1

Sex Education was good again.

A bit of equality needed though. Always showing naked males but the girls all keep their bras on.

Very unfair.

• Haha 1

24hrs in Police Custody was interesting this week. 'Chicken Shop Wars'. A brawl outside a chicken shop with bats, hammers, axes and boiling oil thrown turns into an advert for having a good lawyer and with absolutely no truth anywhere to be found.

• Like 1

Â