Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Agreed. Was pleasantly surprised that Ruby becomes an unexpectedly brilliant character with a much more rounded personality/backstory. 

Yeah same. She is incredibly fit too, which is nice

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Season finale of Ted Lasso. Sorry episode 10 of 12.

I'm not crying, you're crying

Having recently buried a parent, this episode absolutely done me in.

It's all so beautifully done. Favourite show in a long time. 

8 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here, goods news though, there are 2 more episodes to come.

Not sure I can take any more. My feels have been got more with this show than any for a long time. 

3 minutes ago, choffer said:

Not sure I can take any more. My feels have been got more with this show than any for a long time. 

Flawlessly written and acted, couldn't agree more. Not sure if it's been mentioned or is just commonly known, but Hannah Waddingham is the very same, SHAME, SHAME SHAME lady, from GOT. 

Edited by Phil Silvers

Watched what I thought was the 1st episode of Foundation last night but turns out I actually watched the 2nd episode first! I wondered why I was so **** confused throughout! My head still isn’t in the game after the stag do I went on at the weekend! Oh well I’ll watch the 1st one tonight it seems pretty good anyway but I have never read the source material 

Midnight Mass was OK but nothing more. I'd rate it at the same level as Haunting of Bly Manor (which I didn't hate unlike some). Mike Flanagan didn't get anywhere close to the level of Hill House thou.

6/10 because while it's fairly well done it's all very familiar and there is nothing that sticks out about it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Midnight Mass was OK but nothing more. I'd rate it at the same level as Haunting of Bly Manor (which I didn't hate unlike some). Mike Flanagan didn't get anywhere close to the level of Hill House thou.

6/10 because while it's fairly well done it's all very familiar and there is nothing that sticks out about it.

Timely review as I've literally just turned on the first episode. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Timely review as I've literally just turned on the first episode. 

Same

I'm now on to episode 2, there's some overly fancy stuff in it, some of the sunset shots and a weird scene where they rotated around the characters for way too long, I'm guessing the overall theme is well and truly on the nose 

On 27/09/2021 at 09:52, Stevo985 said:

Latest series of Sex Education is excellent. 

The wife watches this, I saw some of it when doing other things and it looked absolutely laughable to me. Hulking great 30 year olds pretending to be teenagers, and they talk about everything like they've got the wisdom of advice columnists.

Maybe it's good if you watch it properly, don't think I can be arsed though.

9 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

The wife watches this, I saw some of it when doing other things and it looked absolutely laughable to me. Hulking great 30 year olds pretending to be teenagers, and they talk about everything like they've got the wisdom of advice columnists.

Maybe it's good if you watch it properly, don't think I can be arsed though.

It's brilliant. I think the oldest of the "kids" is 28 in real life but most of them are early to mid 20's but yeah that's always an issue with teenage characters I guess

And the wisdom thing is kind of the entire point of the show

Edited by Stevo985

10 hours ago, mykeyb said:

I really enjoyed the first 2 series and enjoyed the first 6 episodes of series 3 however I found the last 2 episodes disappointing.

My biggest issue with the show is 

Spoiler

I don't actually like Maeve. At all. I found myself rooting for Otis to stay with Ruby. I think what they did with her character was excellent and then they kind of abandoned it halfway through for Otis to get back with Maeve.

I get that that was always going to happen. But I'd have liked them to draw out the Ruby storyline a bit longer before that happened. Felt like there was more there to cover.

Maybe they'll revisit it

• Like 1

Â