Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

My biggest issue with the show is 

Reveal hidden contents

I don't actually like Maeve. At all. I found myself rooting for Otis to stay with Ruby. I think what they did with her character was excellent and then they kind of abandoned it halfway through for Otis to get back with Maeve.

I get that that was always going to happen. But I'd have liked them to draw out the Ruby storyline a bit longer before that happened. Felt like there was more there to cover.

Maybe they'll revisit it

Thought exactly the same and said so to my wife while watching it. 

Spoiler

Part of me hopes Maeve doesn't come back from the States as she's developed into an annoying character whilst Ruby has grown with decent backstory and depth. To end their relationship that quickly and in that way when she'd just grown and opened up to Otis felt wrong. She is also a lot better looking. 

• Like 1

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Thought exactly the same and said so to my wife while watching it. 

Hide contents

Part of me hopes Maeve doesn't come back from the States as she's developed into an annoying character whilst Ruby has grown with decent backstory and depth. To end their relationship that quickly and in that way when she'd just grown and opened up to Otis felt wrong. She is also a lot better looking. 

Yeah I agree. I don't think there's any chance that they'll do that though. Which is my biggest issue with the show. 

i.e.

Spoiler

I don't actually want Otis and Maeve to end up together

But that's obviously what the whole show is building towards.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah I agree. I don't think there's any chance that they'll do that though. Which is my biggest issue with the show. 

i.e.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't actually want Otis and Maeve to end up together

But that's obviously what the whole show is building towards.

Spoiler

I also thought it was a tad predictable that they all would rebel against Hope in a OTT fashion which leads to the school closing. 

Surprised how much Adam grew through the seasons and he became a favourite character with a lot of depth. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, sne said:

Another just fantastic episode of Wu-Tang: An American Saga. Easily my favorite show atm.

Yeah was really cool to see the visuals of RZA creating a beat and his work process. And Protect Ya Neck is a great track too. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, maqroll said:

30 minutes into Mare of Eastwood, and I shut it off. Bad dialogue. Winslets American accent is off-putting, too. The depressing scenery doesn't help either. Cliches abound.

I turned off The Walking Dead early into its run as I just didn't believe Andrew Lincoln's accent. 

12 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I turned off The Walking Dead early into its run as I just didn't believe Andrew Lincoln's accent. 

I actually thought Winslet did a better Yank-cent in Titanic. 

I do find it weird when Americans and Brits and Irish and Aussies are cast as each other when the speaking voice is so elemental to the role. Why take risk? That said, there have been some solid performances over the years.

Looking at Many Saints of Newark trailer and I see that Brian Cox has a role as some Italian American mafia guy. What a mistake. So many actual Italian American actors from New Jersey that could lend total authenticity to the role. Really odd casting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

I do find it weird when Americans and Brits and Irish and Aussies are cast as each other when the speaking voice is so elemental to the role. Why take risk? That said, there have been some solid performances over the years.

There have. We are no longer in Dick Van Dyke territory. Renée Zellweger, Meryl Streep, Bob Hoskyns, Hugh Laurie, Damien Lewis and David Harewood among others. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

There have. We are no longer in Dick Van Dyke territory. Renée Zellweger, Meryl Streep, Bob Hoskyns, Hugh Laurie, Damien Lewis and David Harewood among others. 

I've only seen him in Band of Brothers and I found it distracting. Hoskins in Roger Rabbit was Excellent!

Â