Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

23 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Think I'll watch again with the subtitles seeing as all the news stories say they they are closer to the original dialogue (although still not perfect)

Yeah, you should. The dub is like a throw back to the majority of 90s anime. Truly awful. 

Just finished ‘Dark’ on Netflix.

Superb, mesmeric, compelling and confusing in equal measure all tied together with a poignant and beautiful ending.

Dubbing/subtitles aside (it’s German), that’s one of the very best pieces of TV or film I’ve ever seen.

• Like 4

On 29/09/2021 at 08:20, Rds1983 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I also thought it was a tad predictable that they all would rebel against Hope in a OTT fashion which leads to the school closing. 

Surprised how much Adam grew through the seasons and he became a favourite character with a lot of depth. 

Spoiler

Don't you bloody hate it when there a multiple posts with nothing but spoilers. It's so tempting just open them! Just like eating the chocolate out of an advent calendar early.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Thought it was mainly a man United wankfest personally. 

Yeah that was my opinion by the end tbf. Some interesting stuff in there nevertheless. 

Another thumbs up for “Squid Game”. Ticks a few of my boxes, small central cast, confined setting, a sort of “what would you do?” feel to it. Very enjoyable. Solid 8/10. 

My gut feeling is we’ll be seeing a lot more of Jung Ho-yeon.

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 00:44, bannedfromHandV said:

Superb, mesmeric, compelling and confusing in equal measure all tied together with a poignant and beautiful ending.

Dubbing/subtitles aside (it’s German), that’s one of the very best pieces of TV or film I’ve ever seen.

Couldn't agree more! Absolutely loved Dark!

• Like 1

Finished The Good Place. Loved it. Seriously considering throwing the entire curriculum for my 9th grade religion & ethics class out the window and just show this instead.

Started Squid Game. Only one episode in, but can definitely see what the hype is all about.

Have watched parts of the PL docu thingy. I agree, it’s part Man United w*nkfest, part The David Dein is a Pompous **** Show and, very occasionally, part interesting history of the PL. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Finished The Good Place. Loved it. Seriously considering throwing the entire curriculum for my 9th grade religion & ethics class out the window and just show this instead.

Started Squid Game. Only one episode in, but can definitely see what the hype is all about.

Have watched parts of the PL docu thingy. I agree, it’s part Man United w*nkfest, part The David Dein is a Pompous **** Show and, very occasionally, part interesting history of the PL. 

The like is for The Good Place. It never wavered in its quality for me. Loved it and they ended it before it became tired. 

• Like 3

Just now, Seat68 said:

The like is for The Good Place. It never wavered in its quality for me. Loved it and they ended it before it became tired. 

Agreed. The ending, and the timing of the ending, was perfect. 

• Like 1

On 07/10/2021 at 00:44, bannedfromHandV said:

One of the best TV shows I've seen in recent years

Not exactly a new series but I’ve watched the entirety of People Just Do Nothing over the last few weeks. Don’t know how I missed it the first time, but I have to say it’s brilliant! I’m now making my way through the various YouTube features now, the Mixmag guides to DJ’ing and MC’ing are great, as is any content from Chabuddy G. 

• Like 2

Â