Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Finished watching Squid Game and really enjoyed it so I watched something called Alice In Borderland which is a Japanese show with a similar premise to Squid Game but a bit weirder and not quite as good but still pretty good imo.

Also finished watching How to sell drugs online (fast) which I really enjoyed but wish the episodes were longer than 30 mins. Need to watch the documentary now

After accidentally watching the second episode of Foundation first I finally watched the first episode and I liked it but I am not going to pretend I wasn't as confused as **** at points not knowing anything about the source material but it definitely looks like it is going to be a decent series 

Foxy's Fearless 48hrs.

A Land Rover advert crossed with some of the challenges from Celebrity SAS Who Dares Wins.

I quite like Foxy from SAS shows, he strikes me as a very 'straight line' kind of guy, he just does stuff but he will acknowledge weaknesses, and doesn't just shout them down, he just gets on with things. And he doesn't seem to have much of the hardman superhero bravado about how he's an ex-special forces elite guy.

But this show is rubbish. It's a Land Rover advert with Foxy driving a Z-list celebrity around Wales on a weekend where they find various ways to terrify people with ropes and heights, cut with a couple of heart to heart chats.

It's utter shite.

I finally finished Vikings last night, I'd really been taking my time with the last series, trying to make the most of it. What a bloody show. The last episode was a perfect goodbye, I think, but I'm going to miss those guys.

I wasn't sure the show would be as good after some early prominent deaths, but I couldbn't have been more wrong. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I finally finished Vikings last night, I'd really been taking my time with the last series, trying to make the most of it. What a bloody show. The last episode was a perfect goodbye, I think, but I'm going to miss those guys.

I wasn't sure the show would be as good after some early prominent deaths, but I couldbn't have been more wrong. 

Still need to watch this. I know I'll enjoy it but there always seems to be something else lined up.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I didn't like the last 2 seasons as much because of the changes in cast. A couple of people in particular.

43 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I didn't like the last 2 seasons as much because of the changes in cast. A couple of people in particular.

I'll have to break out the spoilers for this

Spoiler

It took a really long time to get over Ragnar being gone and no longer being the focus, but Bjorn and Ivar really came to carry the show after his death. The show struggled in the final act when Bjorn died (that episode really got me!), and I think the final season (6 part 2) was by far the weakest, but the payoff of seeing Floki one last time and Ubbe and Torvi getting to start over in a peaceful-ish land was a nice way to round it off, I think.

I couldn't give a toss what happened in Kattegat once the last of the sons of Ragnar had left, the new queen and Erik's scenes weren't terrible, but I just didn't care about them at all. Kattegat *was* the sons of Ragnar.

• Like 2

This will be worth a watch tonight, I think.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58859342

Paul Merson won two league titles, the FA Cup, League Cup and European Cup Winners' Cup with Arsenal. He played for England at the World Cup and European Championship.

He has also lost more than £7m to gambling in a life dogged by addiction.

In a new film Paul Merson: Football, Gambling & Me on BBC One on Monday, 11 October (21:00 BST), the 53-year-old sets out on a journey to try to understand where his compulsion comes from, explores why footballers may be more prone to risk than others, and what may need to be done by companies and the government.

Before its release, BBC Sport had a candid discussion with Merson about the film and the issues raised.

Never mind the gambling, he's got 8 bloody kids, no wonder he's broke. 

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Never mind the gambling, he's got 8 bloody kids, no wonder he's broke. 

Face like a blind cobbler's thumb as well. Must have a great personality. 

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Still need to watch this. I know I'll enjoy it but there always seems to be something else lined up.

Personal advice 

Do it and sooner rather than later

You have been told 😉

On 18/09/2021 at 23:19, rjw63 said:

Outlander.

season 1 eps 15

A very, very difficult watch.

Did you mean Episode 16, the final episode of the series? 

I was watching episode 15 waiting for the horror and nothing amazingly horrendous happened. 

Episode 16 however is a other matter.  I have to say I did fast forward a lot of the scenes in the prison cell as I just didn't want to watch it. 

I was thinking however if there are double standards at play here.  If they showed male on female rape scenes which were so incredibly violent and harrowing I think there would be complete uproar (and rightly so). I'm not sure male rape should be shown either.  You can convey the horror of what's unfolding without going into absolute detail. 

I'm shocked by Prince Philip if I'm honest. 

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Did you mean Episode 16, the final episode of the series? 

I was watching episode 15 waiting for the horror and nothing amazingly horrendous happened. 

Episode 16 however is a other matter.  I have to say I did fast forward a lot of the scenes in the prison cell as I just didn't want to watch it. 

I was thinking however if there are double standards at play here.  If they showed male on female rape scenes which were so incredibly violent and harrowing I think there would be complete uproar (and rightly so). I'm not sure male rape should be shown either.  You can convey the horror of what's unfolding without going into absolute detail. 

I'm shocked by Prince Philip if I'm honest. 

Could have sworn it was episode 15.

Just checked, deffo episode 15. If you think it was 16 you must have been on the Scotch (see what I did there?).

12 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Could have sworn it was episode 15.

Just checked, deffo episode 15. If you think it was 16 you must have been on the Scotch (see what I did there?).

I'd say you've been on the cocktails. Episode 15 was merely a taster of what was to come (if you pardon the expression) but the real unpleasantness was in episode 16 via flashbacks.  That's what I struggled to watch anyway. 

Â