Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, Hornso said:

How many on here watching Billions? Be interested to hear thoughts on the 2nd half of the last season which has just finished.

Just started it last night

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hornso said:

How many on here watching Billions? Be interested to hear thoughts on the 2nd half of the last season which has just finished.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Two

Make that 3. I've started the first episode after the COVID break and Chuck got rid of the beard and lost a couple of stone in the blink of an eye.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

I've just started watching the 2016 version of Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. Not sure if I like it or not.  Is it worth sticking with anyone? 

Is that the American version with Elijah Wood or the English one with Stephen Mangan?

have watched both but much preferred the English one as found the American one too ‘loud’ and couldn’t really take to the actor playing Dirk Gently. 

31 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Is that the American version with Elijah Wood or the English one with Stephen Mangan?

have watched both but much preferred the English one as found the American one too ‘loud’ and couldn’t really take to the actor playing Dirk Gently. 

it is the American version with Elijah Wood.  Yeah, the actor playing Dirk Gently is a little OTT. Trying to hard to b Dr Who I would say

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sidcow said:

it is the American version with Elijah Wood.  Yeah, the actor playing Dirk Gently is a little OTT. Trying to hard to b Dr Who I would say

That’s what put me off.

If you can find it, try the Stephen Mangan version - very amusing and typically British is comedy tone. 

30 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

That’s what put me off.

If you can find it, try the Stephen Mangan version - very amusing and typically British is comedy tone. 

Yeah, I've seen that one before.

• Like 1

The Movies that Made Us is back with 8 episodes!  Some corkers on there;

Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Robocop, Aliens, Coming to America. Nightmare Before Christmas and Elf.

Edit: Apparently the last two have already aired as part of The Holidays that Made Us (didn't know about it), so 6 new episodes.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Like 1

Two episodes into Squid Game, about to watch the third now. I’ve probably missed the discussion on it but I can’t be bothered to read back through. 

I’m enjoying it so far, and it was a real game changer to find out you can switch the American dubbing off and just have Korean with subtitles. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Finally started Vikings.

Very good, straight into it.

Top quality show.

Lagertha is sexy as ****. My step daughter said she's the only woman she'd go gay for 😂

Edited by rjw63
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Top quality show.

Lagertha is sexy as ****. My step daughter said she's the only woman she'd go gay for 😂

Just looked her up on imdb. Holy crap. She's also dead clever. And **** hard as nails too.

Just now, Anthony said:

Just looked her up on imdb. Holy crap. She's also dead clever. And **** hard as nails too.

Yeah, I pity the bloke who ever tries a crap pick-up line on her, dead meat :)

Â