Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Neither do I😉, are the grandchildren not old enough to teach how to find such things?

Oh, I'm sure I could do that, but CBA. I watch more TV than I would like as it is. If it's anything less than  totally convenient, it's a nice self-limiter. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2021 at 03:27, Big Salad said:

Anyone else really looking forward to the season premier of Goliath here in a couple of weeks?

Top top show and Billy Bob Thornton is phenomenal.

I was a huge fan of S1 but I thought S2 was a disaster and I gave up on S3 when the plot became unfollowable.

Wish they kept it simple like S1. 

Just now, maqroll said:

I was a huge fan of S1 but I thought S2 was a disaster and I gave up on S3 when the plot became unfollowable.

Wish they kept it simple like S1. 

Fair enough pal.👍

On 08/09/2021 at 13:08, Designer1 said:

Never seen an episode of it tbh. Whenever I've caught a minute here and there it's always looked unfunny and shit.

I do however realise it has a good reputation, so I may watch a couple of episodes to see if it sticks.

The early seasons are in fact shit.

Last 4 seasons are pretty madcap and funny. 

First 2 eps of Foundation were promising, as expected it looks fantastic but the story also seen interesting enough. Not read the source material so can say how true it is to is or if it's in fact any good.

4 hours ago, sne said:

First 2 eps of Foundation were promising, as expected it looks fantastic but the story also seen interesting enough. Not read the source material so can say how true it is to is or if it's in fact any good.

They're very good books, worth checking out if you do like reading that sort of story.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

They're very good books, worth checking out if you do like reading that sort of story.

Quick look at IMDB and the book fans seem to hate the show. It's the usual that they pretty much only bought the IP and then made a completely different story missing all the things that make the real story while trying to make something that they think will attract as many as possible.

Happens far too often sadly, I hated what they did to The Passage and it rightly got cancelled after 1 season. The Brad Pitt World War Z crap-fest was probably the worst thing they could make from that source material, only the name connected it to the book.

Really looking forward to while also dreading what they do with the Wheel of Time show that's coming in November. Expect it to be another example where the writers look at the source material and thinK "This is pretty good, but I bet I can do much better" and then starts putting in their own agenda and modern character traits in characters who lives in totally different times or worlds.

This one is getting great reviews in the papers. I'm not really a fan of Nordic Noir or Scandinavian crime shows/movies for the most part. They are all too samey-samey for me, but once in a while there comes a good one.

Maybe this is one of those. It's out on the 29th on Netflix

The Chestnut Man (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, sne said:

This one is getting great reviews in the papers. I'm not really a fan of Nordic Noir or Scandinavian crime shows/movies for the most part. They are all too samey-samey for me, but once in a while there comes a good one.

Maybe this is one of those. It's out on the 29th on Netflix

The Chestnut Man (TV Series 2021– ) - IMDb

Mother read the book👌

High hopes here, love Nordic noir when done well.

Edited by Phil Silvers
  • Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 20:26, Seat68 said:

Bloody ridiculous. Always thinks she is funny. Never is, assuming the wig is taskmaster related 

She is absolutely awful. I absolutely love Only Connect and barely miss an episode but she's shoe horning her "comedy" into the show more and more and it's genuinely putting me off watching it. 

She's fine when she's just being the actual host, but when she's doing her jokes and anecdotes it's cringeworthy stuff.

At least she's stopped making the guests sing these days.

• Like 1

On 20/09/2021 at 20:47, Phil Silvers said:

Crossed swords with her a few times, incredibly flirty but can't play cards to save her life, absolute whale.

I may not like her but the can't play cards bit is nonsense. She's won over £2million playing poker and is the only person to win two European Poker Titles. She can obviously play

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Latest series of Sex Education is excellent. 

Agreed. Was pleasantly surprised that Ruby becomes an unexpectedly brilliant character with a much more rounded personality/backstory. 

Â