Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's a lot nicer than some of the things I'd say about Community if it wasn't for the swear filter. :) 

It's popular, but it's not for me at all, I think I got about half way through season 2 before I realised that while it was fairly pleasant, inoffensive viewing, it just didn't make me laugh. Same for The (US) Office, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99. There's just something about that style of US sitcom that really rubs me up the wrong way and I find them just so bland.

I think the only US Sitcoms I really enjoy are IASIP and Curb Your Enthusiasm.

But Britta and Annie are hot ;)

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's a lot nicer than some of the things I'd say about Community if it wasn't for the swear filter. :) 

It's popular, but it's not for me at all, I think I got about half way through season 2 before I realised that while it was fairly pleasant, inoffensive viewing, it just didn't make me laugh. Same for The (US) Office, Parks and Rec, Brooklyn 99. There's just something about that style of US sitcom that really rubs me up the wrong way and I find them just so bland.

I agree totally.  American comedies tend to over-act everything or need to have the audience in hysterics at the end of every sentence and sound so forced.  I'm making my way through Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time and it's definitely up with the best I've ever watched.

• Like 1

On 01/06/2020 at 09:48, Follyfoot said:

Watched Epidode 2 of season 2 of Inside Number 9 last night, the 12 Days of Christine. All I can say if you have not seen it do as quickly as you can.  A masterpiece of TV, more happens in half an hour than in most six part series’s, left me quite gobsmacked 

It really is the absolute best. The most creative, exciting show on TV.

• Like 1

I was a bit disappointed (considering its own high standards) with the latest season of Inside Number 9. Still good TV but I don't think any of them would be up there with my favourite episodes so far, with the Christmas one getting closest. However, in terms of that episode...

Spoiler

I was a bit surprised at first that there was no obvious twist, and it became clear quite how much the show had got you expecting one. On reflection there was the suggestion that the mother killed the guy, but it's more a story about a family which, as others have said, packs a hell of a lot into a short episode, getting you to really buy into them and creating a really visceral experience. I've watched a lot of things which are a lot longer but have me not giving a shit about the characters in it, meaning it has little interest!

5 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

I would have seen that years ago but will look it up, cheers, check out Harold Lloyd too then if you like BK, HL was mental, the stunts were literally death defying and huge fun. 

edit...… just watched cops, amazing. 

Yes indeed, Lloyd was great too!

Incidentally, ever read about or seen his keen photography portfolio. I think @rjw63 might be impressed 😉

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Yes indeed, Lloyd was great too!

Incidentally, ever read about or seen his keen photography portfolio. I think @rjw63 might be impressed 😉

Never knew that, cheers for the tip, just quickly searched and found 3-D hollywood by Harold Lloyd, I will investigate further👍

10 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's always Sunny and CYE would be my top 2 all time comedies but I found the humour in Community would not be a million miles away from IASIP and without meaning to spoil anything the finale may as well be an episode of IASIP. Also due to the shared writing staff the latter seasons of IASIP have definitely delved more into the meta humour found in Community.

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watching white lines 

Its ok, the music is shite but that's to be expceted with the ibiza setting

Its main problem is the main actress, her Manc accent is ropey as **** 

Far from a masterpiece but there was something incredibly engrossing about it and I ploughed through the episodes.

Finished Killing Eve S3 last night. As I said when part way through it, easily the weakest so far.

The last episode was a bit better than some, but I really didn't like...

Spoiler

the scene in the underground station. The whole sequence was just stupid.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watching white lines 

I’m about halfway through. 

I actually googled her because I assumed she was originally from Liverpool because of her weird Manc accent. Which tells you everything you need to know

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m about halfway through. 

I actually googled her because I assumed she was originally from Liverpool because of her weird Manc accent. Which tells you everything you need to know

Same but I thought she was from the North East, Middlesbrough kind of way

It is OK, it's benefitted from good timing and me not watching anything else, I don't think it's nailed the dark comedy 

Edited by villa4europe

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Watching white lines 

It is OK but a not very good rip off of Mad Dogs IMHO

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

'Sardines' is still my favourite Inside Number 9 episode.

One of my favourites.

Cold comforts is amazing or the one I can't remember of name of when Pemberton has his trains down in the cellar... couldn't believe the way that episode went.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

One of my favourites.

Cold comforts is amazing or the one I can't remember of name of when Pemberton has his trains down in the cellar... couldn't believe the way that episode went.

I've seen Cold Comfort (and it was excellent), but I must not have reached the second one yet.

Â