Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Half way through blacklist season 4

Still makes me laugh that they can be in the middle on nowhere, hicksville USA, they can't find the suspect so Aram gets the satellite out "heading west down Sesame Street" followed by ressler shouting "hang on" and doing a hand brake turn and speeding off in another direction like he knows where the **** that is 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

I see series 3 of Dark will be out in a months time on Netflix, well worth watching the first 2 for anyone who hasn't seen it. The best portrayal of time travel since Twelve Monkeys in my humble opinion.

Sweet. Recently finished 12 Monkeys which was superb. I know what I'm gonna watch next.

On 27/05/2020 at 22:18, villa4europe said:

Half way through blacklist season 4

Still makes me laugh that they can be in the middle on nowhere, hicksville USA, they can't find the suspect so Aram gets the satellite out "heading west down Sesame Street" followed by ressler shouting "hang on" and doing a hand brake turn and speeding off in another direction like he knows where the **** that is 

Got about three or four eps into this and couldn't allow for the silliness of most of the FBI. It was keystone cops stuff!

Have rewatched some West Wing episodes lately and now more than ever I hope that a real life Matt Santos turns up and want to be president.

What a great series it was.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Tried watching a Seinfeld standup on flix. I've never understood the hype about him. Shit comedian. And while the sitcom was funny he was the least funny character on it. 

Shit comedian? Least funny character? 

Seinfeld was the sum of its parts and the writing. Without any of the 4 main characters it wouldn’t work, and neither character was more funny, less funny, more despicable or not than the others. To say Jerry Seinfeld the character was the least funny rules out the importance. His lines are gold, his Seinfeldisms. His delivery, his setup, his observations. His interactions and reactions to George, Elaine and Kramer. His lines to minor characters.  
Seinfeld came about at a time of lesson learned and hugs type comedy, it was the number one show at the time of Mad About You and Friends. His role and his comedy are integral to that. 
His standup although not the first was definitely pioneering. Observation without being shitty, you don’t see white dog poo any more. He tells stories and not really jokes. Its not for everyone and if you don’t like his character on Seinfeld then you won’t like his standup. 

• Like 1

Amazon Prime from 8th June. Right up my street, possibly not many VTers. 

Echo in the Canyon

Thought Bicks would like this bit: 

“If you can say ‘I don’t like The Beatles’ then I don’t trust you, I don’t want to be with you. I think you’re lying or you’re full of shit. It’s not an honest reaction. If you like music, it doesn’t make any sense to me if you don’t like The Beatles.”

The deliverer of this uncompromising communication is Jakob Dylan, son of the other principal element in the big bang of the 1960s. 

:)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Amazon Prime from 8th June. Right up my street, possibly not many VTers. 

Echo in the Canyon

Thought Bicks would like this bit: 

:)

Seen it a few weeks back, it was decent.

• Thanks 1

Space Force really is awful. Not sure why I was expecting anything else but I’m amazed I’m six episodes in so far. I think I’m just intrigued to see if there’s a single laugh in it. 

Just now, choffer said:

Space Force really is awful. Not sure why I was expecting anything else but I’m amazed I’m six episodes in so far. I think I’m just intrigued to see if there’s a single laugh in it. 

Agreed. I did the first 5 but I think I won't bother with the rest.

13 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Yes. Great show. Shit comedian. Even worse stand-up. 

I never really watched his show but his new stand up on Netflix is really funny. Maybe you have to be a certain age because of the topics he's discussing.

His observations about marriage and friendships are hilarious.

Watched Epidode 2 of season 2 of Inside Number 9 last night, the 12 Days of Christine. All I can say if you have not seen it do as quickly as you can.  A masterpiece of TV, more happens in half an hour than in most six part series’s, left me quite gobsmacked 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I never really watched his show but his new stand up on Netflix is really funny. Maybe you have to be a certain age because of the topics he's discussing.

His observations about marriage and friendships are hilarious.

Each to their own I guess. Some how a lot of people also find the Carrell Office version funny as well. It's all shite to me. 

Turns out comedies is not my thing anymore. Struggle to remember any new series or movie that I thought was actually funny.

Same with stand up, 

Charlie Brooker's Antiviral Wipe was good but it's not really a ha-ha funny thing.

Yes I am a miserable old git.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Turns out comedies is not my thing anymore. Struggle to remember any new series or movie that I thought was actually funny.

Same with stand up, 

Charlie Brooker's Antiviral Wipe was good but it's not really a ha-ha funny thing.

Yes I am a miserable old git.

May I recommend going back in time, Charlie Chaplin, W.C.Fields, Laurel and Hardy, Marx Brothers, Abbott and Costello etc. May not be your thing of course but for me we have never seen better than from that Golden Age.

• Like 1

Â