Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've seen Cold Comfort (and it was excellent), but I must not have reached the second one yet.

Oh you haven't seen them all? "To have and to hold" it's called.

Just had a quick glance down the episode list on wiki and there are so so many brilliant episodes I'd forgotten about. Series 3 & 4 are stacked. 

16 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh you haven't seen them all? "To have and to hold" it's called.

Just had a quick glance down the episode list on wiki and there are so so many brilliant episodes I'd forgotten about. Series 3 & 4 are stacked. 

I'm watching them in chronological order, and looking at Wiki it seems I've only reached the end of series 2, so I'm very happy to hear 3 & 4 are great. I thought I'd seen more than I have to be honest.

They've released a 5-part series based on the fantastic Finnish book Unknown Soldier on HBO Nordic. 

It was shown in Swedish movie theaters in much shorter version a few years back (didn't see it) but this is the whole series.

Not sure if it's available anywhere outside Scandinavia but if it is it might be worth a look. The book is fantastic and the series has a 8,3/10 on IMDB.

It won't be Band of Brothers but it's a very interesting part of WW2

Tuntematon sotilas Poster

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Troglodyte said:

Finished Killing Eve S3 last night. As I said when part way through it, easily the weakest so far.

The last episode was a bit better than some, but I really didn't like...

Reveal hidden contents

the scene in the underground station. The whole sequence was just stupid.

Too me they’ve run out of ideas. Trying to put too many twists and turns in to keep everyone second guessing. Seemed to really drag this series. Such a shame. Although, I think Comer is superb throughout 

• Like 2

best drama series nominees are the crown, the end of the **** world, gentleman jack and giri/haji

never even heard of gentleman jack, would say none of the 4 have any real buzz around them or even talked about much on here apart from a few liking the crown

overall id say take out the HBO collaborations sky haven't done very well, Netflix is hit and miss with some big omissions, personally its shame top boy didn't get more nods

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

best drama series nominees are the crown, the end of the **** world, gentleman jack and giri/haji

never even heard of gentleman jack, would say none of the 4 have any real buzz around them or even talked about much on here apart from a few liking the crown

overall id say take out the HBO collaborations sky haven't done very well, Netflix is hit and miss with some big omissions, personally its shame top boy didn't get more nods

For me Gentleman Jack is the winner. Mainly because its the only one I watched, but I did enjoy it a lot. 

I don’t think anyone in here has mentioned The Boys. I just binge watched it and really enjoyed it.

It’s a dark comedy dealing with superheroes in a world they’re mostly employed by a big corporation that outsources them. I’m not into many of the superhero movies or shows, but this is very different.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I don’t think anyone in here has mentioned The Boys. I just binge watched it and really enjoyed it.

It’s a dark comedy dealing with superheroes in a world they’re mostly employed by a big corporation that outsources them. I’m not into many of the superhero movies or shows, but this is very different.

It got a fair bit of coverage in here when it was first released. I’m not big into super hero movies and shows but really enjoyed that one. 

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Same here, thought it was great and hoping for a second season 

The Wire 8/10

Just completed and thought it was overall pretty decent. It was a frustrating watch at times as found it had too many characters and way too much small scene chit chat filler that wasnt necessary. Some great characters did stick out though, Omar, Bubs, Clay and Kima for me. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Wire 8/10

Just completed and thought it was overall pretty decent. It was a frustrating watch at times as found it had too many characters and way too much small scene chit chat filler that wasnt necessary. Some great characters did stick out though, Omar, Bubs, Clay and Kima for me. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Same here, thought it was great and hoping for a second season 

Just googled it and it looks like it is going to be very soon. A few marketing materials released recently and people seem to expect it to air in July like the first series.  I guess I didn't choose too bad a time to binge!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

The Wire 8/10

You forgot the best character in it. Bodie 

• Like 2

I've got 2 episodes of that left. It's leaving me with a very similar feeling that I'm going to have to refer to as 'Netflix syndrome' from now on I think - in exactly the same way that The Stranger and other recent series' on there has. The production values, sets, locations and some of the acting are all good. At the same time though, you've got some really ropey direction at times, some very odd performances, and a story line that is equally watchable and engaging, as well as being daft and nonsensical. There's some genuinely good stuff in there - the dinner scene where them talk about Axel's life is pulled through almost solely by the acting of a couple of them, for example. And then there's some plot threads which are just utter rubbish. Over 6, or maybe even 4 episodes it could have been better.

Having said that, with 2 left it could yet swing around. I doubt it though.

• Like 1

On the last season of 13 Reasons Why. I ask myself that when I'm watching it. It's annoying and a bit shit but I have to see it through. 1st season was powerful stuff, now it's balls. Keeps the Mrs happy though. 

Â