Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Peep show is amazing but nowhere near the office. Went on too long too

I dunno, the last couple of series were as good as anything.  There did strangely seem to be a bit of a lull in the middle through 

That SAS programme :lol: Yes it's celebs but it can be funny and moving when the interrogators are digging up shit on their history. I thought Bellew would be the first to assault someone... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

One day I'll try it again but I just couldn't get in to the whole concept of it, just wasn't my thing, not a huge comedy watcher

Yep, this is me. I'm not really a big fan of standup or sitcoms (some sketch shows are OK). I particularly dislike 'cringe' comedy - The Office was just too much like real life, it was sad. 

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You’re entitled to your opinion. 
but you’re wrong 😬

Haaaa, see, this is the thing, we all different and have different tastes. 

I respect it and I think RG is very talented and the show can make me laugh.

Also moods change, my favorites change but a few always stay close to my heart...…..

The Phil Silvers Show

The Honeymooners

Fawlty Towers

Only Fools and Horses

Blackadder Goes Forth

Rhubarb

Soap

The Young Ones

Looney Tunes

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Haaaa, see, this is the thing, we all different and have different tastes. 

I respect it and I think RG is very talented and the show can make me laugh.

Also moods change, my favorites change but a few always stay close to my heart...…..

Fawlty Towers

Blackadder Goes Forth

:wub:

8 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Where are you all seeing the final episode of Homeland? (it's not broadcast until next Sunday). No spoilers, please. 

I didn't realise it wasn't broadcast yet in the UK, I guessed it would be yesterday night. I always torrent it on Monday mornings afters it's broadcast in the US on their Sunday nights. Of course no spoilers though, just enjoy and share your thoughts after!

I was scared to watch After life season 2, after loving the first season so much. Wife and binged watch season 2 the other night and I thought it was nothing short of brilliant.

Gervais proving he is no one trick pony! My wife thinks Tony is closest she has seen to someone like me. Still sorting out if that's a compliment or an insult 🤔

If you liked S1 and you'll love S2.

Edited by Villan_of_oz

I'll be honest, I don't get the level of appeal for After Life. The dialogue is atrocious, and the acting from Gervais is abysmal. It seems so fake. Gervais, looks less convincing than the participants in the Tambery am-dram society. There have been some touching moments, but equally it often feels like a rush job soap box for RG to make a few snarky comments. 

However, it clearly works for many, so I won't push my criticism of it too much, and I do find a few very funny moments in it, but mostly they involve the other characters, such as the dinner chat with Roxie or Joe Wilkinson's postman using his bathroom.

• Like 4

For me it tends to bubble along and then bang rather than being consistently funny but I do find it watchable throughout

The only bits I don't like in season 2 so is the therapist, they've stretched him to breaking point for me 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The only bits I don't like in season 2 so is the therapist, they've stretched him to breaking point for me 

Same here, those scenes just seem kind of pointless to me. I’m sat watching it thinking why the hell would his bother in law keep paying him. Just an excuse to get some extra swearing in. 

Im only up to episode four and enjoying it though, I’m a fan of Ricky and he’s done very well with this one. I don’t think this series has made me laugh as much as the last one, but there’s still funny parts to it. 

13 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Where are you all seeing the final episode of Homeland? (it's not broadcast until next Sunday). No spoilers, please. 

That place that involves eye patches and a requirement of VPN ;)

Â