Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Also finished Gangs Of London and was pretty impressed with it as a series and expect their to be a second season.

What I'd like to see is an episode of two of how Finn Wallace and Ed started out together. 

• Like 1

Watched all 6 "After Life" tonight.

It really is excellent...wife is fed up of grizzling though, hasn't stopped for three hours.

• Like 2

On 31/03/2020 at 14:52, wazzap24 said:

looking forward to this. Absolutely loved that Bulls team when I was growing up. 

4 Episodes in now and this is awesome. Superb stuff. 

46 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

4 Episodes in now and this is awesome. Superb stuff. 

Yeah I’ve started this too. I have absolutely zero interest in basketball but it’s very good. 

• Like 1

I've also been enjoying the Last Dance.

The extent of my knowledge/interest in basketball could be measured in subatomic scales but the story and production is really excellently done. I think it helps that all the players seem like reasonably 'good' people. The biggest arsehole moves we've had so far are basically Pippen playing up when he realised he was massively underpaid, and Rodman being weird and a bit mentally fragile/unreliable personally.

I do wonder how they keep it going through the period where the Bulls were seemingly completely dominant though - the first 4 episodes have the nice structure of an episode dealing with 1 key player and their origin/the early development of that Bulls team building towards dominance/the chronological story of the final season and their breakup. Now they've got to the point of success, and they've covered what are obviously the 3 most talented and interesting players and the rise of the coach, with everyone else seemingly being boring cogs around them, the first narrative the origin stories, seems done, and presumably the Bulls dominance isn't that interesting to carry multiple episodes (I've no idea though - there may have been behind the scenes turmoil or they may have had new great rivalries in that time).

Anyone else been watching thinking there's an elephant in the room? **** Space Jam man.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Just finished Saul, absolutely loved it.

Can't really remember Breaking Bad now to be honest, but I think I prefer this.

I'll probably watch BB again when Saul wraps up. 

Finished it a couple of days ago too. It's fantastic. My favourite show since Breaking Bad, possibly except for GoT at its height, but quite different so hard to compare!

It's often compared to BB these days and there is discussion about which is better. I think there are elements of BCS that are done even better and more and beautifully than BB, but nothing will beat the original for me in terms of the drama, and of course the fact that it spawned these fantastic characters anyway. That said, I don't really see the need to pick which is best as they're both absolutely excellent in their own right and should be enjoyed - BCS is just slower overall and needs a bit more commitment from some viewers to begin with.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

I've also been enjoying the Last Dance.

The extent of my knowledge/interest in basketball could be measured in subatomic scales but the story and production is really excellently done. I think it helps that all the players seem like reasonably 'good' people. The biggest arsehole moves we've had so far are basically Pippen playing up when he realised he was massively underpaid, and Rodman being weird and a bit mentally fragile/unreliable personally.

I do wonder how they keep it going through the period where the Bulls were seemingly completely dominant though - the first 4 episodes have the nice structure of an episode dealing with 1 key player and their origin/the early development of that Bulls team building towards dominance/the chronological story of the final season and their breakup. Now they've got to the point of success, and they've covered what are obviously the 3 most talented and interesting players and the rise of the coach, with everyone else seemingly being boring cogs around them, the first narrative the origin stories, seems done, and presumably the Bulls dominance isn't that interesting to carry multiple episodes (I've no idea though - there may have been behind the scenes turmoil or they may have had new great rivalries in that time).

Anyone else been watching thinking there's an elephant in the room? **** Space Jam man.

I’m interested to see if Dennis Rodman missing practise to appear on WCW Nitro comes up 😬

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m interested to see if Dennis Rodman missing practise to appear on WCW Nitro comes up 😬

I have heard it mentioned one year he leaves/wants to leave during the Finals(!!!) to wrestle Hulk Hogan?! Apparently the doco only gets better as it goes along.

• Like 1

"Dispatches From Elsewhere".

Hmmm.

Watched 3 episodes last night. I'm half interested half **** confused. No idea WTF is going on. Will give it another go later.

Started Homeland.

7 episodes in and finding it to be a drag, infact take Damien Lewis out and I wouldnt have got this far.

It feels like whole episodes are drifting by with nothing happening, in one I drifted off after 15 minutes of nout happening and I thought I must have missed something so went back to fing nothing happened. 

Does it get any better?

Edited by Phil Silvers

19 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Started Homeland.

7 episodes in and finding it to be a drag, intact take Damien Lewis out and I wouldnt have got this far.

It feels like whole episodes are drifting by with nothing happening, in one I drifted off after 15 minutes of nout happening and I thought I must have missed something so went back to fing nothing happened. 

Does it get any better?

Depends if you have a thing for psychologically damaged needy women?  😂

to be fair, I gave up after S3 and totally wish they’d been brave and ended it at season one proper. 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Started Homeland.

7 episodes in and finding it to be a drag, infact take Damien Lewis out and I wouldnt have got this far.

Does it get any better?

In a word, yes.

We just finished the 8th and final season, and it was great.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Depends if you have a thing for psychologically damaged needy women?  😂

to be fair, I gave up after S3 and totally wish they’d been brave and ended it at season one proper. 

Yep, I appreciate that Danes was flashing her acting chops but **** me the mentally unstable screaming crying woman in the middle of CIA operations became implausible bollocks for me and it was every episode

Season 3 (?) spoiler

Spoiler

From memory didn't they even shoot her in one operation because she was a security risk? And then next week she's back working for the CIA... Yeah I'm not sold on that 

• Like 1

Yeah from what I remember series 3 was the worst and verging on unwatchable, the next one where they're in Afghanistan was the best imo after a slow start.  I gave up at the start of the last season because the Carrie bollocks seemed to be back again and I couldn't face going through it.

• Like 2

On 29/04/2020 at 23:12, Tomaszk said:

Just finished Saul, absolutely loved it.

Can't really remember Breaking Bad now to be honest, but I think I prefer this.

I'll probably watch BB again when Saul wraps up. 

Was just coming in here to post pretty much the same thing! Last few episodes particularly good. 

Spoiler

Lalo (Sp?) is fantastic 

I like Kim’s character arc - interested to see how they finish her off in the final season

Mike is brilliant but we already knew that

On 29/04/2020 at 23:21, theboyangel said:

Also finished Gangs Of London and was pretty impressed with it as a series and expect their to be a second season.

What I'd like to see is an episode of two of how Finn Wallace and Ed started out together. 

Yeah thats a good shout, same style of show but going back in time to 70s / 80s and make it about them pair taking over london

Would obviously make it a lot simpler and less international but means they don't have to go in to the shady world of the investors (which has every danger of being boring) 

I do think they ended up being a bit guilty of trying to cram in too much with the Danish ex military hit teams taking out gypsies while kurdish rebels and Pakistani gangsters war over heroin routes on the streets of London and balkan warlords are making deals with Nigerian gangsters, I get the whole this is modern london element of it but I would say not all of them hit home, too many flat characters, go back in time go Ed, Finn, the wife, maybe the gypsies, plus then an actual on screen proper antagonist 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah thats a good shout, same style of show but going back in time to 70s / 80s and make it about them pair taking over london

Would obviously make it a lot simpler and less international but means they don't have to go in to the shady world of the investors (which has every danger of being boring) 

I do think they ended up being a bit guilty of trying to cram in too much with the Danish ex military hit teams taking out gypsies while kurdish rebels and Pakistani gangsters war over heroin routes on the streets of London and balkan warlords are making deals with Nigerian gangsters, I get the whole this is modern london element of it but I would say not all of them hit home, too many flat characters, go back in time go Ed, Finn, the wife, maybe the gypsies, plus then an actual on screen proper antagonist 

Totally agree about overfilling episodes with a multitude of characters, although quite liked the Albanian (that hotel scene!) and Kurdish main characters 

Spoiler

I have a sneaky suspicion Shaun Wallace survived the shot to the face

Â