Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

That pub fight scene in the first episode 😀

Very Raid-esq. 

Was just about to post the same! 

I really enjoyed the first episode, hopefully it'll develop and continue to entertain.

• Like 2

After Life Series 2 is supposedly out today. What sort of time are these things released?

Best to check the app. The series is live now. 

Edited by Seat68

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

After Life Series 2 is supposedly out today. What sort of time are these things released?

It's already released for me, so I guess they come online early in the morning

Edited by Mozzavfc

well noughts and crosses was a bag of shite. 

The only thing interesting in it was the general concept. The actual drama was pretty poor. We only watched the last two episodes in order to see how they end it. The final episode was a complete shitshow in dramatic storytelling. Abysmal, made very little sense and the characters sudden shifts in liking or not liking one another was a joke. 

edit - in fairness, Helen Baxendale as the mother was good, but otherwise the cast were pretty ropey. 

I'm aware it was based on a young adult book, but presumably even teens would be insulted by this? If they were attempting to darken it up for adult viewing, they failed miserably. 

Anyway, going to give Devs a go next. 

Edited by Rodders

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Started a show called Devs. It's an Alex garland show and you can't half tell - it's pretty stunning. Only watched one episode so far but excited to keep going 

I binged it last week and enjoyed it. I think quite a few will struggle with it though because of the slow pace.

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Oh good something new to watch at least 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Started a show called Devs. It's an Alex garland show and you can't half tell - it's pretty stunning. Only watched one episode so far but excited to keep going 

I've really tried with this but just can't get into it. Can't put my finger on why.

Watching the eagles all or nothing 

I think there is some seriously glitter coated editing

Spoiler

Every episode is about the energy of the city, good and bad, the pressure, drop a catch every one moans, miss a tackle everyone moans, they lose and there's a meltdown... Its drummed in to you and is a theme of the series

But when Brooks signs a monster new contract and goes off the field with an anxiety attack in a home loss everyone is quiet?? I don't believe that their village idiots didn't come out 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I suspect I might be a little tired and emotional tonight but I’ve watched most of it tonight and it’s properly done me in. 
I’m usually very anti anything that tries to get you in the feels but for some reason this show gets me pretty much every episode. 

Ep 1 of the Penny Dreadful spin off City of Angels is out today.

Same creator in John Logan but other than that it has nothing in common. Natalie Dormer is the lead, takes place in 1930's LA  and according to early reviews it's at bit all over the place with lots of different story arcs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I thought it was a bit disappointing compared to 1 and 2. 

And me, felt a bit more forced and leaning towards being outlandish (!) than the previous episodes

That said

Spoiler

The episode with Wendy driving Ben out of trouble whilst slowly coming to the realisation that he couldn't help himself and was going to die was probably the best individual episode of tv I've watched this year, superbly acted by both of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

And me, felt a bit more forced and leaning towards being outlandish (!) than the previous episodes

That said

Hide contents

The episode with Wendy driving Ben out of trouble whilst slowly coming to the realisation that he couldn't help himself and was going to die was probably the best individual episode of tv I've watched this year, superbly acted by both of them

Agreed, but... 

She didn't just realise he was going to die, but that she was actually going to have him killed.

• Like 1

Â