Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Watched a short (40 min) docu about the band Badfinger yesterday.

I knew their basic story but FFS after a leg up from McCartney it was nothing but a shitshow. Their US manager should have been jailed.

Thanks for the heads up. Will seek it out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

when did riverdale become a musical?

I watched the 1st series with the wife a couple of years back and it was ok but I didn't watch anymore of it whereas she did, she's currently got an episode on and its unwatchable garbage, 3 songs in the last 10 minutes and its almost les miserables talky singing shite too

They have done 3 or 4 musical episodes now. Seems to be a thing that lots of shows want to do since Buffy did it 20 years ago but Riverdale is now doing one every year & they are all shite

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

Finished After Life as well. Absolutely wonderful. Moving yet hilariously funny as well. 

I think Gervais said he would be open for a third series depending on how the feedback from this series went. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

After Life series 2. Just exceptional. I loved the first series so much and hoped they wouldn't **** things up. They didn’t. I hope they stop now. 

netflix?

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Everybody seems to be raving about Afterlife, so I looked it up. 

Won't be watching. I hate everything Gervais does. 

Mike this is not typical Gervais or a typical comedy. I am not his biggest fan but After Life really is as good as people say. 

• Like 1

There is some typical self indulgence, I remember rolling my eyes at a couple of rambling atheist monologues in the first season that may as well have been Gervais talking straight to the camera. On the whole though, it's brilliant, and doesn't have much at all in common with his other work.

I wouldn't mind if they left it there,I think that was the perfect ending to the story.

• Like 2

Finished The English Game. 
It’s rubbish really. An ok story I guess but the historical inaccuracies annoyed me. 

Im not expecting it to be 100% accurate of course, but a lot of stuff seemed to have been changed for the sake of it. 

47 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Finished The English Game. 
It’s rubbish really. An ok story I guess but the historical inaccuracies annoyed me. 
Im not expecting it to be 100% accurate of course, but a lot of stuff seemed to have been changed for the sake of it. 

Why be historically accurate when you can drive class war and rich people are (mostly) dicks home

Loving gangs of London, I'll see where it goes before declaring it incredible but in terms of cinematography, production value and then obviously choreography and violence its right up there for UK TV, the look and feel of it is HBO level, I can't remember anything like that pub scene being done before on our screens 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Loving gangs of London, I'll see where it goes before declaring it incredible but in terms of cinematography, production value and then obviously choreography and violence its right up there for UK TV, the look and feel of it is HBO level, I can't remember anything like that pub scene being done before on our screens 

I'll have to give this a look. As flawed as the games were, I did enjoy parts of The Getaway series, and always thought it was a prime candidate for some sort of adaptation. This appears to have been proven correct, took them long enough.

34 minutes ago, hogso said:

I'll have to give this a look. As flawed as the games were, I did enjoy parts of The Getaway series, and always thought it was a prime candidate for some sort of adaptation. This appears to have been proven correct, took them long enough.

it seems to have captured the assumed modern multi cultural gangster element of London but at the expense of the old fashioned cockerknee east end wide boy and the street level characters you see in top boy (very different show from that and TB is also excellent)

it would make a good GTA setting

Banshee 3 done, its bangin.

Never heard of it a month ago, this is the best kept secret in television. Ultra violet and plenty nudes are the only reasons why this thing wasn't huge and up there with all the mega successful  shows of the last decade👏👏👏

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Banshee 3 done, its bangin.

Never heard of it a month ago, this is the best kept secret in television. Ultra violet and plenty nudes are the only reasons why this thing wasn't huge and up there with all the mega successful  shows of the last decade👏👏👏

Sadly we only have 4 episodes left, and it's all over.

It has stayed quality all the way through.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rjw63 said:

Sadly we only have 4 episodes left, and it's all over.

It has stayed quality all the way through.

Try Gangs of London afterward, whilst there is significantly less bewbage, the violence is top notch 😁

• Like 1

Â