Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

18 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'd wager there are many VT-ers that have seen each and every one ;)

Personally I've seen all of

GoT

SoA

Banshee

Ray Donovan

Spartacus (season one anyway, didn't like Andy Whitfield's replacement)

Blacklist (up to S04)

Breaking Bad

Ozark.

Couldn't get into Witcher or Supernatural, I did try.

And Power...thought it was absolute bollocks. Quit after4 episodes.

Tbf the Witcher is a bit confusing with the timelines, it’s really good though. 

How could you not get into power? It’s one of the best series on that list. 

The last kingdom has been probably my favourite that I have watched recently. It’s similar to vikings but it’s actually good

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Cheers Bud.

I have a shortlist of not seen and that's on it.

Ray Donovan is absolute quality. 

You and @rjw63 need to watch Warrior - it’s Banshee 2.0 with martial arts 

Has a familiar face in it too 

GhNgerhunuWMJx1v.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Ray Donovan is absolute quality. 

You and @rjw63 need to watch Warrior - it’s Banshee 2.0 with martial arts 

Has a familiar face in it too 

GhNgerhunuWMJx1v.jpg

Is that on Netflix/Prime?

Or do I need to get my pirate gear on?

1 hour ago, Villa Stu said:

The last kingdom has been probably my favourite that I have watched recently. It’s similar to vikings but it’s actually good

The opposite, IMO. Similar to Vikings but nowhere near as good. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The opposite, IMO. Similar to Vikings but nowhere near as good. 

It’s much better than vikings. Vikings was brilliant and then there was the massive turning point (I’m sure you know what I’m on about) it went really down hill. Tried to word that to not give spoilers about vikings lol

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

And Power...thought it was absolute bollocks. Quit after4 episodes.

Same. Goes into the same bucket as sons of anarchy, walking dead and the shield for me. Doesn’t matter if they’re supposedly good shows, i just can’t get past the cheesy acting and awful dialogue enough to enjoy it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Same. Goes into the same bucket as sons of anarchy, walking dead and the shield for me. Doesn’t matter if they’re supposedly good shows, i just can’t get past the cheesy acting and awful dialogue enough to enjoy it. 

Hmm. I thought the Shield was up there amongst the greats, personally. Also had a great ending.

Bring back Vic Mackey!

• Like 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Hmm. I thought the Shield was up there amongst the greats, personally. Also had a great ending.

Bring back Vic Mackey!

It might be. I watched one episode and cast it onto the cheese shite pile

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

It might be. I watched one episode and cast it onto the cheese shite pile

Definitely one you should stick with.

• Like 1

Looks like there's going to be more Pratchett adaptations coming. But, thankfully, ones that are actually authentic and beholden to the books and world that he created. As opposed to the horror show that the BBC has cobbled together.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

It’s much better than vikings. Vikings was brilliant and then there was the massive turning point (I’m sure you know what I’m on about) it went really down hill. Tried to word that to not give spoilers about vikings lol

Yes, I concede that the later series of Vikings were not as good as the early ones, but I still prefer the look and feel of it to TLK - which has a sort of 'BBC cleanness' to it. Can't really explain why, I just never believed in it. Similar to (say) 'The Tudors' which just didn't work, whereas 'Wolf Hall' did. Might be the sets, the lighting, the script or the acting, but something was off. 

3 hours ago, Villa Stu said:

Tbf the Witcher is a bit confusing with the timelines, it’s really good though. 

How could you not get into power? It’s one of the best series on that list. 

Power is pure pony, in my humble opinion. 

12 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, I concede that the later series of Vikings were not as good as the early ones, but I still prefer the look and feel of it to TLK - which has a sort of 'BBC cleanness' to it. Can't really explain why, I just never believed in it. Similar to (say) 'The Tudors' which just didn't work, whereas 'Wolf Hall' did. Might be the sets, the lighting, the script or the acting, but something was off. 

It’s each to their own mate. Both are similar so you would expect some people to favour one over the other. I just think there is more to TLK than vikings imo

Someone on here recommended Banshee to me a few years back. Still grateful. Amazing show!

Also have to agree with @rjw63 Californication and The Shield are both superb 

• Like 2

Â