Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Mike this is not typical Gervais or a typical comedy. I am not his biggest fan but After Life really is as good as people say. 

OK, but sorry, I just can't stand the sight of him. I accept that it's probably very well done, but it really doesn't sound like my sort of thing anyway. 

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

OK, but sorry, I just can't stand the sight of him. I accept that it's probably very well done, but it really doesn't sound like my sort of thing anyway. 

I understand. I can’t stomach Simon Pegg so regardless of what he is in. I just can’t. 

• Like 2

My one criticism of Afterlife

Spoiler

Overuse of the 'c' word. If used sparingly it can be funny but it was used a lot and by people who wouldn't say it in everyday life. It seemed to be crammed in as often as possible

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

My one criticism of Afterlife

Hide contents

Overuse of the 'c' word. If used sparingly it can be funny but it was used a lot and by people who wouldn't say it in everyday life. It seemed to be crammed in as often as possible

I see this criticism and maybe its my friends but the c bomb is dropped a hell of a lot. My wife more than anyone but all of my close friends and these aren’t blokey blokes, it is peppered in most conversations. 

10 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I see this criticism and maybe its my friends but the c bomb is dropped a hell of a lot. My wife more than anyone but all of my close friends and these aren’t blokey blokes, it is peppered in most conversations. 

It is used a lot in modern life, like Xela I just find it a bit forced, it's Gervais's usual tactic of creating that bit of shock factor and no doubt there will be a really schmaltzy ending.  I'm only on the first episode as well.  It can be funny, I nearly pissed myself watching Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time recently

(Contains naughty words)

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It is used a lot in modern life, like Xela I just find it a bit forced, it's Gervais's usual tactic of creating that bit of shock factor and no doubt there will be a really schmaltzy ending.  I'm only on the first episode as well.  It can be funny, I nearly pissed myself watching Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time recently

I think its something that is said amongst friends but its not something you'd say to someone who you had just met or was interviewing for a newspaper story! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think its something that is said amongst friends but its not something you'd say to someone who you had just met or was interviewing for a newspaper story! 

Thats fair. In new company you wouldn’t of course. 

Edited by Seat68

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Homeland. One of the most satisfying conclusions to a TV show that I can remember, brilliant ending.

Very good and had you on the edge of your seat for most of it. Cannot say anymore until it's wired on Sunday in the UK

• Like 2

Â