Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I mean, this is entirely the point.

It's basically the same concept as Breaking Bad. Walter White starts off as an honest, clean conscientious school teacher. And then Breaks Bad.

"Saul" is the same. It's a story of his downward spiral into the character we see in Breaking Bad.

I get what you're saying. However,  the first ever we see of Saul, he is dodgy and that sets my mental tone for his character. To see him as a good guy (ok, in a subsequent prequel) doesn't appeal. At least with WW you get to see both sides in the one show.

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

I get what you're saying. However,  the first ever we see of Saul, he is dodgy and that sets my mental tone for his character. To see him as a good guy (ok, in a subsequent prequel) doesn't appeal. At least with WW you get to see both sides in the one show.

But you will see both sides of Saul in one show. Eventually. 

• Thanks 1

Saul isn’t exactly an out-and-out good guy at the start of BCS, either. Pretty sure he pays someone to stage a car accident in the very first episode. I always thought that you could tell he had a heart in BB, too.

Anyway, it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever seen but I can understand why people wouldn’t enjoy it, if that makes sense. 

Recently rewatched the entire series to date and things happen at far quicker pace than I remember. 

Edited by JB

On 25/01/2020 at 08:23, villa4europe said:

Watched the first 2 episodes of hip hop evolution series 4, not quite what I was expecting because they've stepped back in time again but it's in the south so NO, Houston, Memphis etc

I like it because if I'm honest I really don't know these artists and at times I'm even struggling to see where it's leading up to in modern hip hop, for example last series watching the atlanta episode I knew outkast was coming, in the NO episode I didn't know that was leading to lil Wayne 

But at the same time I'm guilty of wanting them to get on to the superstars I do know

Its a bit of a juxtaposition 

On to the last episode tomorrow. Really, thank you for pointing me to this. Digital Underground episode aside, I **** hated them, but everything else has been exceptional. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

It's good isn't it! 

I'd love to see his cutting room floor, not a clue how he got so many big names for interviews

My love is more than my wife's but she is loving it as much as Well. She had never heard of Krs-one but the interviewer is very good. Let these legends speak. That is what it's about. 

• Like 1

On 27/02/2020 at 16:03, Designer1 said:

Best Far Cry villain too B)

Really looking forward to Dutch van der Linde rocking up as the guy who eventually pushes Saul in to a vat of Oil of Ulay in the final episode.

Image result for trevor better call saul gta

Edited by Brumerican
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's good isn't it! 

I'd love to see his cutting room floor, not a clue how he got so many big names for interviews

I thought there was only 2 series. I have 2 more to go. This is great news. 

On 28/02/2020 at 17:38, JB said:

Saul isn’t exactly an out-and-out good guy at the start of BCS, either. Pretty sure he pays someone to stage a car accident in the very first episode. I always thought that you could tell he had a heart in BB, too.

I hate to say it but as the show goes on it becomes more clear why Chuck never fully accepted him and even said you'll always be slipping jimmy. It seemed really harsh at the time but he was right in fairness.

3 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Blimey the BBC have resurrected Ready, Steady, Cook.  They've got that tit Rylan presenting it though so I can't see it lasting very long.

He's already presented a reboot of Supermarket Sweep. Bloody loves crap cooking game shows doesn't he. What else is there? Can't Cook, Won't Cook?

Rewatching Dexter for the first time in a long time...

Used to love it but it did get a bit crap towards the end...

Another thing I have been watching recently is "The Big Narstie Show"... Thought I would hate it but its actually really funny!

Â