Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

15 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Better call saul s05 Ep1, great start, love this show, no spoilers but ........ enjoy😉

Been too long for me so I started again from scratch at the weekend. At the rate I’m going, I should be watching this by Thursday. ;)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Finding the Outsider a bit of a slog now after a great start.

It really didn't need 10 episodes. 8 maybe. The screenplay is clearly trying to get the most out of the characters, and there's a few odd bits of side story chucked in to flesh them out a bit more...but I'm quite sure it should have been over by now.

33 minutes ago, hogso said:

It really didn't need 10 episodes. 8 maybe. The screenplay is clearly trying to get the most out of the characters, and there's a few odd bits of side story chucked in to flesh them out a bit more...but I'm quite sure it should have been over by now.

Yeah that’s the thing.  I’ve never read the book but it feels like It’s being stretched out without the need.

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I couldn’t not finish it now after putting 7 valuable hours in

"the sunk cost fallacy"

Yup, have watched a lot of crap thanks to that.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, sne said:

"the sunk cost fallacy"

Yup, have watched a lot of crap thanks to that.

Managed to pull myself away from the Walking Dead after almost 100 episodes.  I’ll watch the last episode for some pay off (if it ever ends)

• Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Managed to pull myself away from the Walking Dead after almost 100 episodes.  I’ll watch the last episode for some pay off (if it ever ends)

That is the ultimate sunk cost fallacy show :D  They are just wasting everybody's time by now. I actually watched the latest episode. But I fast forwarded it so it took at most 15-20 minutes

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I tapped out when Rick left which was probably 1 season too late. Best thing I ever did in my life.

16 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I think I abandoned a season before Rick left, so at the right time then.

I abandoned it after Season 1 because it was shit :) 

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I abandoned it after Season 1 because it was shit :) 

I've become much better at this, if I don't like a show I stop watching. Used to keep going like a moron despite not really liking what I saw.

The number of shows I've started and then dropped in the last year or two is countless.

Latest ones being The Outsider, Star Trek Picard, For All Mankind, Castle Rock, See,  and a lot more.

The walking dead is strange isn't it. Started great and has absolutely died (no pun intended). What are they doing now with these seasons split into chunks? There's no fanfare for it at all either. Watched it last night, awful. Its like a sick old dog, someone needs to put it out of its misery.

• Like 2

Â