Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

17 minutes ago, sne said:

I've become much better at this, if I don't like a show I stop watching. Used to keep going like a moron despite not really liking what I saw.

The number of shows I've started and then dropped in the last year or two is countless.

Latest ones being The Outsider, Star Trek Picard, For All Mankind, Castle Rock, See,  and a lot more.

Yeah, I don't even think it's a concious decision a lot of the time. It's just there's SO much stuff out there to watch, if something doesn't have me enthralled it's much easier to just pick something else up and forget about the other show.  The Crown is a good example. I liked it, it's a good show. But I only watched one season because I kind of just drifted away from it and started something else. I might go back to it I might not.

TWD I just found crap though. I have a real issue with cheesy, poorly acted shows. Even if the story is decent, I just can't get past the cheesiness. I think it's one of the reasons I didn't like Sons of Anarchy either.

• Like 1

Slowly making my way through King of the Hill. Up to Season 6 now. It's aged really well. Funny as anything but also surprisingly tender and sweet from someone who created Beavis and Butthead. 

That's my purse! I don't know you! 

jtk2bd38izd21.jpg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Slowly making my way through King of the Hill. Up to Season 6 now. It's aged really well. Funny as anything but also surprisingly tender and sweet from someone who created Beavis and Butthead. 

That's my purse! I don't know you! 

jtk2bd38izd21.jpg

Mike Judge is pretty great. His Mike Judge presents: Tales from the Tour Bus is great fun, especially season 1. Really hope the 3rd season is coming.

Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus (2017)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, sne said:

Mike Judge is pretty great. His Mike Judge presents: Tales from the Tour Bus is great fun, especially season 1. Really hope the 3rd season is coming.

Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus (2017)

I haven't seen this before, I'll have a snoop for it now. Thanks, I forgive you for ruining the Fury/Wilder result for me 😄

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Wezbid said:

I haven't seen this before, I'll have a snoop for it now. Thanks, I forgive you for ruining the Fury/Wilder result for me 😄

Yeah, once again, sorry for that.

This one is a animated documentary series. S1 is country, S2 is Funk. Not seen what S3 will be about yet.

1 hour ago, sne said:

I've become much better at this, if I don't like a show I stop watching. Used to keep going like a moron despite not really liking what I saw.

The number of shows I've started and then dropped in the last year or two is countless.

Latest ones being The Outsider, Star Trek Picard, For All Mankind, Castle Rock, See,  and a lot more.

Yep, I don't watch many shows nowadays, preferring either Film or book or re-watching shows. 

Latest was The Witcher which was absolute drivel. Watched one episode and was baffled. We later tried a second episode to give it a chance to improve but couldn't even survive the episode. Absolute nonsense.

• Like 1

Walking Dead finished for me with the episode when Negan lined them all up and smashed Glenn and the other guy with his bat.

That was some amazing TV, and since then it just got really bad. 

1 hour ago, Rodders said:

Yep, I don't watch many shows nowadays, preferring either Film or book or re-watching shows. 

Latest was The Witcher which was absolute drivel. Watched one episode and was baffled. We later tried a second episode to give it a chance to improve but couldn't even survive the episode. Absolute nonsense.

:D I actually liked The Witcher, flawed as it was.

The Mandalorian on the other hand I could have skipped, did not give my anything.

6 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Inside No.9 Season 5.

Genuinely think this is one of the best written shows i've ever watched. Love it. So consistently dark and witty. Also brilliantly acted and some excellent cameos

This. Every episode this season (except the 2nd one and even that was a good episode) I think has been wonderfully crafted this season. Thought Monday's was brilliant but would recommend the 1st episode for all the football fans out there... 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Genie said:

The walking dead is strange isn't it. Started great and has absolutely died (no pun intended). What are they doing now with these seasons split into chunks? There's no fanfare for it at all either. Watched it last night, awful. Its like a sick old dog, someone needs to put it out of its misery.

Got no time anymore for shows that just aimlessly meander on. 

Homeland went on too long. Should have bowed out much earlier. Lost as well, just dragged out to an unsatisfactory conclusion. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Xela said:

Homeland went on too long. Should have bowed out much earlier. Lost as well, just dragged out to an unsatisfactory conclusion. 

Coincidently you just described zombies

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Yes I gave up on Homeland at the start of the last series when they resurrected Carrie's mental problems again.  It was just annoying me by that point.

38 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Yes I gave up on Homeland at the start of the last series when they resurrected Carrie's mental problems again.  It was just annoying me by that point.

I gave up a few episodes into the season they were in Berlin. But it was a struggle even the seasons before that.

Started the stranger following the wave of typical Netflix social media buzz

Its OK, but unrealistic imo 

Spoiler

No way would you not have torn her **** head off for lying like that, a relatively calm chat in the garden followed by sleeping in the spare room and have a think about it

Not a chance 

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have a real issue with cheesy, poorly acted shows. Even if the story is decent, I just can't get past the cheesiness.

Oh Boy, you really need to watch the reboot of Magnum P.I.

It's beyond cheesy and badly acted, this shit is eating itself. It's soooo bad it's hilarious

I was amazed it got a second series, the quality threshold is that low

Tim Kang should be embarrassed at being called an actor, he really is closer to a tree he's that wooden.

It's a must watch for fans of absolute rubbish

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

It’s when they can them and leave them with no closure I get pissed off .. Dark Matter , Vegas , Revolution , Terra Nova...all cancelled without ever wrapping things up 

• Like 2

Â