Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Randomly started watching Suits last weekend as i liked Amanda Schull in 12 monkeys, Turns out she isn't actually in it that much anyway but lets just say it hasn't been the most productive of weeks & i haven't slept much but despite being out of the house working for 11 hours per day i have somehow managed to watch 7 seasons (108 episodes) in 9 days whilst also squeezing in season 3 of Glow. The annoying thing now is i am going to catch up long before it finishes so will have to wait for the final 5 eps every week :(

Edited by LakotaDakota

36 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

Randomly started watching Suits last weekend as i liked Amanda Schull in 12 monkeys, Turns out she isn't actually in it that much anyway but lets just say it hasn't been the most productive of weeks & i haven't slept much but despite being out of the house working for 11 hours per day i have somehow managed to watch 7 seasons (108 episodes) in 9 days whilst also squeezing in season 3 of Glow. The annoying thing now is i am going to catch up long before it finishes so will have to wait for the final 5 eps every week :(

I still watch Suits with the missus but am totally uninterested in it. Feels like each episode is simply one character going to another character saying something mildly threatening setting off a chain reaction of more mildly threatening conversations which I am not invested in at all. I'm secretly happy when I fall asleep and miss half the episode. :P

35 minutes ago, Chindie said:

If Mindhunter doesn't do BTK this series I'm flipping a table or something.

I love these tiny snippets in each episode.

I'm sure it will develop more in season 2 (along with the appearance of Charlie Manson) 

12 minutes ago, Hornso said:

I still watch Suits with the missus but am totally uninterested in it. Feels like each episode is simply one character going to another character saying something mildly threatening setting off a chain reaction of more mildly threatening conversations which I am not invested in at all. I'm secretly happy when I fall asleep and miss half the episode. :P

Think it may actually help watching it all in a short period of time. Not sure I would have stuck with it or even bothered at all 9 years ago with only 10 -16 episode seasons. Reminds me a lot of House, guy goes to hospital with sore toe, too smart dr nearly kills guy by making things far worse before random event/ comment instantly fixes it.

Mix this with a small group of people, powerful female boss, two long time friends who hate/like each other and some other underlings and it's essentially the same thing but replace the sore toe with insignificant legal issues that get vastly blown out of all proportion before getting magically resolved at the last second.

• Like 1

Started watching Mindhunter when it was first out but couldn't get into it but having read some of the comments on here I might give it another shot. I need something new to watch anyway 

• Like 1

So 😀 has anyone finished the latest series of the Handmaid's Tale? I watched the first five episodes when they dropped 😀 and was wondering if it picks up. Is it worth bothering with the rest?

13 hours ago, Hornso said:

I am the same, loved the early seasons but they aren't the same anymore. Glad there are only a couple more to go.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chindie said:

If Mindhunter doesn't do BTK this series I'm flipping a table or something.

Apparently Manson is in it.

Damon Herriman is playing him both in this and in Tarantinos Once upon a time in Hillywood.

40 minutes ago, sne said:

Apparently Manson is in it.

Damon Herriman is playing him both in this and in Tarantinos Once upon a time in Hillywood.

Manson's a strange one to do. He was a very particular, and fairly dull, kind of evil. He was basically a wannabe cult leader who had failed at everything in life until he fell into leading a bunch of really dumb hippies that he herded off into the desert to **** and as he lost control of everything did a version of the cult collapse trope and sent them it to commit violent acts. Iirc he was  directly involved in a single murder, and the rest of it is just a petty criminal with delusions of grandeur who managed to get a bunch of whacked out morons to kill for him for basically no reason.

BTK was set up throughout the last series without much point - he would surely have to be featured this series. The difficulty would be that they couldn't 'finish' his story - BTK was active for nearly 20 years and wasn't caught until 30 years after his crimes started. But he was active in the period shown and could remain a running thread in the series.

I do know they are also doing David Berkowitz this series, which'll be interesting. Berkowitz, the Son of Sam, is an interesting case because, well... He was a sad sack of shit who thought he was smart enough to trick the authorities into thinking he was insane. That will surely be a focus of things, the move from him pretending he was acting on the orders of a demonic dog to him actually committing the murders through his feeling of inadequacy and hatred of what he wanted but couldn't have. Although he did later claim he actually was part of a satanic cult that committed the murders as part of a ritual...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, coda said:

So 😀 has anyone finished the latest series of the Handmaid's Tale? I watched the first five episodes when they dropped 😀 and was wondering if it picks up. Is it worth bothering with the rest?

It’s an absolute snoozefest. 

I’ve not got to the end yet, but I’ve lost the will with it - every episode has been the same. 

It’s mad how it’s gone downhill so fast. 

Mrs won’t give up though, so I’ll have to see it through. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

It’s an absolute snoozefest. 

I’ve not got to the end yet, but I’ve lost the will with it - every episode has been the same. 

It’s mad how it’s gone downhill so fast. 

Mrs won’t give up though, so I’ll have to see it through. 

Last episode of the season

Spoiler

The ending is pretty much identical to the ending es S2

They are not even trying anymore.

• Like 1

On 14/08/2019 at 23:46, LakotaDakota said:

Impressive. 

A doff of the proverbial is well earned old chap. 

I'm constantly telling my GF that GLOW is a genuinely good show and I don't just watch it for the half naked ladies. 

She just walked in during THAT part of Episode 3 of the new season.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm constantly telling my GF that GLOW is a genuinely good show and I don't just watch it for the half naked ladies. 

She just walked in during THAT part of Episode 3 of the new season.

To be fair it’s probably the 100th time you’ve watched THAT part though. The missus walking in at some point was bound to happen! 

Edited by theboyangel
  • Haha 4

Â