Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 27/07/2019 at 15:17, sne said:

For anyone thinking of starting watching Another Life I'd give it a hard pass.

As nice as it is to see Katee Sackhoff in her undies the series is utter garbage.

Might be the worst Netflix sci-fi series yet.

It’s stunningly bad. Written by a room full of 13 year olds with ropey CGI and the hammiest acting ever. 

I actually can’t stop watching, it’s so bad. 

The Boys was a bit of a let down for me.

Not bad but reading the reviews I was thinking it was going to be something special.

Solid 6.5-7/10 but that's it.

pretty much your usual super hero stuff but with a twist (like Hancock or Brightburn) with a bit of gore and sex added.

Kept me watching but that's about it.

Last week I was mostly watching .....

Finished Killing Eve S2 - Decent, not as good as S1

Catch 22 - Great dialogue, really enjoyable overall so far.  

The OA S1 - Good, but some of the acting is proper dodgy. 

Legion S3 - Sublime 

Stranger Things S3 - Great so far 

Warrior - Epic and my fave new thing 

Handmaids Tale S3 - Boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg. Such a drop off in quality. Sad! 

Derry Girls S2 - I don’t care what some of you say, it’s hilarious! 

Black Monday - Cracking little gem on Sky Atlantic. Very funny and has a bit of a ‘Wolf of Wall St’ vibe about it. 

Barry S1 - slow burner for me, but I’m starting to like it. 

How I Met Your Mother S3 - I’m in for the long haul now. It’s a poor man’s ‘Friends’, but I like it. 

Parks and Recreation S7 - I held off on watching the final season, because I didn’t want it to end. My favourite comedy of all time and it’s amazing. 

Starting The Boys tonight and still need to get back into Ozark, Better Caul Saul and S2 of Snowfall. Life gets in the way. 

4 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Last week I was mostly watching .....

Finished Killing Eve S2 - Decent, not as good as S1

Catch 22 - Great dialogue, really enjoyable overall so far.  

The OA S1 - Good, but some of the acting is proper dodgy. 

Legion S3 - Sublime 

Stranger Things S3 - Great so far 

Warrior - Epic and my fave new thing 

Handmaids Tale S3 - Boooooooorrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggggg. Such a drop off in quality. Sad! 

Derry Girls S2 - I don’t care what some of you say, it’s hilarious! 

Black Monday - Cracking little gem on Sky Atlantic. Very funny and has a bit of a ‘Wolf of Wall St’ vibe about it. 

Barry S1 - slow burner for me, but I’m starting to like it. 

How I Met Your Mother S3 - I’m in for the long haul now. It’s a poor man’s ‘Friends’, but I like it. 

Parks and Recreation S7 - I held off on watching the final season, because I didn’t want it to end. My favourite comedy of all time and it’s amazing. 

Starting The Boys tonight and still need to get back into Ozark, Better Caul Saul and S2 of Snowfall. Life gets in the way. 

Busy week?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Busy week?

I’m always watching loads at once because we don’t ‘binge’ anything. 

I still watch shows on a weekly basis and tend to have 7/8 main shows and a few comedies on the go at once. 

Trying to clear the decks a bit, because there is so much to watch and more new stuff coming up! 

Footy season is gonna kill that plan though me thinks! 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Such a great show. Brilliantly written.

I watched the first season and was very 50/50 on it, some good moments but it didn't have the wow-factor for me. Is it worth me watching season 2?

On 20/07/2019 at 15:21, rjw63 said:

Gave "Orphan Black" 5 episodes and I'm meh.

Moved on to "Ozark" season one, this is better stuff.

Ozark finished, now moved on to "How To Get Away With Murder". Not too bad actually, it'll do til Mindhunter comes on anyway

4 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

You’ll find it gets old very very A couple of funny moments but in the end, a repetition  of itself. Ted is an awful boring character, the show is better without him, yet he’s the titular character 

The Handsmaids Tale S3.

It's basically a close up of Elisabeth Moss sitting staring into the camera, either looking sullen like a little girl who's been naughty and is not allowed to play with her dolls. Or looking sinister trying to be Jack Nicholson from The Shining

Absolute crap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

The Handsmaids Tale S3.

It's basically a close up of Elisabeth Moss sitting staring into the camera, either looking sullen like a little girl who's been naughty and is not allowed to play with her dolls. Or looking sinister trying to be Jack Nicholson from The Shining

Absolute crap.

Yeah it's not great, although I did enjoy episode 8 - the background on Lydia was pretty interesting. It's got to the point where I think a prequel would be a lot more interesting, would quite like to see Gilead take D.C. A programme struggling when the source material runs out sounds familiar...

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Yeah it's not great, although I did enjoy episode 8 - the background on Lydia was pretty interesting. It's got to the point where I think a prequel would be a lot more interesting, would quite like to see Gilead take D.C. A programme struggling when the source material runs out sounds familiar...

Be interesting to see where the book sequel takes the story and whether the show can tie into it somehow for the next season maybe

Edited by Stevo985

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

emmy nominees out

best mini series awards are when they see us vs Chernobyl vs escape at dannemora

tough year

Halfway through Escape at Dannemora. I'd managed to miss it totally. Not even heard of it. Only started watching it because it sounded interesting so glad to hear it's held in high esteem

• Like 2

I'm a bit behind the times with this one but I started Sons of Anarchy a couple of weeks ago, just finished season 3.

Why the **** have I not seen this sooner? Ridiculously good and up there with the best for me. I hope it doesn't drop off towards the end, but I'm loving it!

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

emmy nominees out

best mini series awards are when they see us vs Chernobyl vs escape at dannemora

tough year

I’d totally forgotten about Escape At Dannemora, that was brilliant. 

I’ve not watched When They See Us yet, but I think it’s going to be tough for anything to top Chernobyl. 

37 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I’d totally forgotten about Escape At Dannemora, that was brilliant. 

I’ve not watched When They See Us yet, but I think it’s going to be tough for anything to top Chernobyl. 

It obviously doesn't have the HBO polish that Chernobyl has but the acting and writing is right up there

• Like 1

Â