Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Out of our strikers (Gabby, Carew, Heskey, Harewood, Delfouneso plus any other youths you want to include) Carew is our second best. he and Gabby are ahead of the rest by a comfortable margin (obv the Fonz has the potential to be right up there)

Fact is I wouldn't be selling Carew in a million years. By all means buy someone better and relegate Carew to 3rd choice. But selling him would be stupid (obviously if Carew wanted to go and we got a great offer things woudl change. but I'm referring to actively seeking to sell him)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talksport have just had an interview with Candleface who (believe it or not) spilt one of his major transfer targets. However Joe Cole, available on a free, is apparently doing nothing about his next destination till after SA.

We should move heaven and earth to get this guy IMO!

For £100k a week?

You do have to take into consideration he will be free!

Talksport have just had an interview with Candleface who (believe it or not) spilt one of his major transfer targets. However Joe Cole, available on a free, is apparently doing nothing about his next destination till after SA.

For £100k a week?

Isn't that just a come and get me plea for Man City? Either them or a team like Manure would be interested in him I think.

For £100k a week?

I know, but it would balls up our wage structure. If we start paying him that, then we'll have to pay Milner at least that to keep him. Then Ashley Young is going to want it, then Gabby and before you know it, you have a crippling wage bill.

For £100k a week?

I know, but it would balls up our wage structure. If we start paying him that, then we'll have to pay Milner at least that to keep him. Then Ashley Young is going to want it, then Gabby and before you know it, you have a crippling wage bill.

Joke Hole wouldn't look at us. He'll go to Arsenal.

Joe Cole, would crash our wage structure and also in what position would he play? I'm not against him joining i can see him joinign Arsenal or Spurs.

Just read on skysports website that johnathan de guzman has left feyenoord on a free and is now a free agent being linked to espanyol, surely worth a punt more than martin petrov (or as well as). He has had injury problems but is only 22 . De guzman, Petrov & if you believe the papers-Boussoufa, all 3 would add a great new dimension to our squad for less than 10mill.

De Guzman would be a smashing signing but he has his heart set on Spain

Joe Cole, would crash our wage structure and also in what position would he play? I'm not against him joining i can see him joinign Arsenal or Spurs.

Ive never got the Joe Cole hype. He is good but he is not world class and never will be worth 100k a week. At Chelsea he has never really stood out like Duff, Robben or Lampard have

Joe cole is **** miles better than Damien Duff. No surprise you included an Irish player in there though ey?

I've always liked Cole, I actually think he's a great player. but agree he isn't worth those wages and we won't be paying them so don't expect to see him here anytime soon.

I have to agree with the other posters, Carew can offer something for at least another year, if we're going to sell ant striker it should be Heskey. Although yes, he hasnt been as consistent (well he never has been), on his day he in unplayable, Big, strong, and skillfull with a deadly finish. ON HIS DAY!. So useful enough to have as at least an option, I think when the team gets better overall we will start to see the best out of our top players.

Completely agree. We just need to have a bit more patience, and enjoy the cup runs and flirts with 4th place in the mean time.

Joe cole is **** miles better than Damien Duff. No surprise you included an Irish player in there though ey?

I've always liked Cole, I actually think he's a great player. but agree he isn't worth those wages and we won't be paying them so don't expect to see him here anytime soon.

Not better than Duff at Chelsea. Completely different style of attacker but Duff was so dangerous for those 2 seasons.

Was just looking at a list of free agents, We could do well to have Aurelio(LB), Scharner(DM), Petrov (LM), Henry (Class Attacker), all for free! If we were to sell Milner, we could then go for a class replacement for 15-20 mill and have money left over for wages! :)

Ive never got the Joe Cole hype. He is good but he is not world class and never will be worth 100k a week. At Chelsea he has never really stood out like Duff, Robben or Lampard have

Cole was consistently Englands best player for at least a couple of years, before he got injured. He was a great player before the injury.

Not worth that sort of money now though.

Not better than Duff at Chelsea. Completely different style of attacker but Duff was so dangerous for those 2 seasons.

which was how long ago? hes ten times the player now.

Just offer a bigger signing on fee then reduced wages. Whats the difference between paying him a 9 - 10 mill signing on fee than the club. The amounts were obviously less but i believe we did the same with Sidwell so that he would fit into our wage structure.

How can he be a "great player" but not worth top wages??

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/830066-martin-petrov-bidding-war-begins-as-aston-villa-and-west-ham-open-talks

"Out-of-contract midfielder Martin Petrov looks set to remain in England following his release by Manchester City, with Aston Villa and West Ham both lining up bids to sign him on a free transfer. "

Heard this like week from my ITK. But seems to be getting more details as well as Mbark Boussoufa deal. Hmmmmmmm I think I would like to see him at the villa. He would bring something to the squad we have missed since Da Hammer left us