Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I agree with BOF. I think Ballack would be a good signing. I don't really like him, but he's got bags of experience and a bit of a nasty streak which I guess we could do with.

But as BOF says I don't think we're "big enough" to get him. Plus someone else will offer him wages that we can't.

I can see Ballack going to Madrid with Jose as JM likes qa couple of players of that age in his teams.

I very much doubt that Belletti will have been on modest wages at Chelski? Would be a versatile signing and has a good shot on him but again I can him going to the middle east on mega wages for a couple of seasons.

If Real Madrid dont get Gerrard or Lampard to play next to Alonso they will go for Ballack as cheap option.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with BOF. I think Ballack would be a good signing. I don't really like him, but he's got bags of experience and a bit of a nasty streak which I guess we could do with.

But as BOF says I don't think we're "big enough" to get him. Plus someone else will offer him wages that we can't.

I can see Ballack going to Madrid with Jose as JM likes qa couple of players of that age in his teams.

I very much doubt that Belletti will have been on modest wages at Chelski? Would be a versatile signing and has a good shot on him but again I can him going to the middle east on mega wages for a couple of seasons.

Ballack isnt good enough for Real anymore in my opinion, plus he would never start.

Ballack at Real Madrid would be like Sidwell at Villa.

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Ballack isnt good enough for Real anymore in my opinion, plus he would never start.

In his defence Ballack at 70 would be better than Sidwell during the last couple of years? Plus Guti who is a similar age and experience as Ballack played quite a few games for RM last season so maybe he would fit in there?

Or Viera at Man City..

I think that Ballack could end up at Real, just to have a few relaxing years in the sun to see out his career.

Or Viera at Man City..

I think that Ballack could end up at Real, just to have a few relaxing years in the sun to see out his career.

He's German and a proud one at that with an ego that fills Stamford Bridge. No way will he be a bit part player, he will go back to Germany for 2 years then retire IMO.

Fair enough wiggyrichard.

To me, he just seems to be one of those players that used to be really good & that is coming to the end of his career, therefore will probably get a cushty transfer to a big club to be an impact sub or something.

But I suppose if he's hoping to play in the next international competition then he might go somewhere to re-ignite the latter stages of his career.

Or Viera at Man City..

He's German and a proud one at that with an ego that fills Stamford Bridge. No way will he be a bit part player, he will go back to Germany for 2 years then retire IMO.

this

Especially if germany has a stonking WC followed by more calls for him to step down

why would joe cole signing mean eduardo would leave? ones a midfielder ones a striker

either way i like eduardo but he's not the same player after the injury, if MON could get him on the cheap and then back to his best he'd be a great signing IMO

Yeah, judge a whole club and make a career changing decision based on about 50 fans.

At the time there was a big deal made at the time about the chants plus I read he wasnt very impressed by it

Eduardo? YES PLEASE. I know the injury has messed his confidence up a little but if he gets it back he's immense on his day. I'd go as far as saying he's one of the best natural finishers in the league.

Won't happen though. :lol:

Hasn't been able to prove he's the same player since his injury. This means he's either a potential bargain or a write-off. If Arsenal are looking to sell him then I'd say the latter. Plus he's a proven cheat. So no on 2 counts.

We are operating in a very small market pool of players now and there are very few that fit our bill as we chase anbd compete to finish top 4 . I don't know all the targets and doubt I would be able to find out as we still looking and considering players that fit .

Doyle is still under consideration but what Wolves would want now will mean this is unlikely to happen .

Keane maybe but Spurs are notoriously difficult to deal with and again unlikely .

Ireland yes and we are in pole position because no one else in our bracket can offer him what we can . But there is no rush and if it takes until AUGUST 31ST then it will as they feel we have a team that we can put on the pitch nowat the start of the season and compete.

The big thing this close season will be small tinkering maybe 3 at best signings but there will be a step up of players to the plate Delfounso/ Albrighton / Weimann / Clarke and Licha .