Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Wouldnt mind having Martin Petrov in our squad at all. Especially on a FREE!!!

Ditto - Martin Petrov is unplayable on his day.

However, he has a fair few sick days - you'd want to make sure you weren't paying ridiculous wages to have him sit in the stands.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No fail! Don't fail me. Why isn't Ash in the World Cup squad? Because MON made a right-footer play on the left wing. This is exactly why Capello doesn't like Ash. MON hammers square pegs into round holes. RB/LB situation case in point.

Ashley Young said not long after he joined Villa that his favourite position was left midfield, he was playing left midfield for Watford when he wasn't playing off the striker.

He doesn't like Ash because he hasn't done well when he played for England, no, your right, it's MON's fault. ha ha.

Yep, couldnt agree more. His exclusion from the world cup squad is nothing to do with him being played on the right.

Another thing i'd about Ash is that apart from when he tore Clichy a new one against Arsenal, I have noticed that he does seem to struggle a bit in the bigger games for us. I wouldnt use the phrase " goes missing " but in quite a few games ( cup final, semi final etc ) he has been very quiet.

Maybe Capella sees this as a weakness ? He's definately better than Wright Phillips and Walcott for me although they have put in better performances for England at times.

Wait, so then our main 3 senior strikers would be Benjani, Carew, Gabby.

Feck me, what an improvement do our biggest problem.

Sell Carew, Sell Heskey. Move in a new direction and let's play football. Heskey is okay for the style of play but is just generally poor throughout a season and only produces good form rarely. While Carew upfront simply puts us into boring football mode, we struggle to keep the ball as well and create chances and concede alot more and generally look a poorer team and gain poorer results with him in the team.

If Milner goes, I want MON to go in quick for Ireland and Bellamy. Both top notch and probably the best within the league we could attract.

Id also try to break the bank and go all out for joe cole. If you dont try you dont get, theres a slight chace if mon worked his magic, we could tease him away. I cant see chelsea wanting to sell to the other top 4 other than arsenal (they are owed a favour for the gallas-cole swop) so it could be between us and spurs. Suppose the London factor will scupper it most likely.

Still want to take a gamble abroad, just tidy little players for not ridiculous fees....

i thought joe cole was on a free? so chelsea have no say where he goes.

it is betwen arsenal and man ure, i predict man ure although he is a cockerneeee so it would be no suprise to see him at arse or even spurzzz.

a few man city players will be shown the door this summer although no doubt they are on silly wages.

im still after a swap of heskey plus £10 million for darren bent. he has worked with potatoe face before and if he has a good world cup then he my have some sort of value to someone.

we only really need a right back who MON will play, a new young top keeper, a proper goal scorer and a younger fitter version of stylian petrov and keep most of what we have and we should do fine next season.

No fail! Don't fail me. Why isn't Ash in the World Cup squad? Because MON made a right-footer play on the left wing. This is exactly why Capello doesn't like Ash. MON hammers square pegs into round holes. RB/LB situation case in point.

Ashley Young said not long after he joined Villa that his favourite position was left midfield, he was playing left midfield for Watford when he wasn't playing off the striker.

He doesn't like Ash because he hasn't done well when he played for England, no, your right, it's MON's fault. ha ha.

Yep, couldnt agree more. His exclusion from the world cup squad is nothing to do with him being played on the right.

Another thing i'd about Ash is that apart from when he tore Clichy a new one against Arsenal, I have noticed that he does seem to struggle a bit in the bigger games for us. I wouldnt use the phrase " goes missing " but in quite a few games ( cup final, semi final etc ) he has been very quiet.

Maybe Capella sees this as a weakness ? He's definately better than Wright Phillips and Walcott for me although they have put in better performances for England at times.

actually thought he was one of our better players in both the cup final and semi final. Think Youngs goal scoring and assist record is decent for this season as well. Think hes struggled a bit since Barry left though as his first thought was always to find Young on the left.

Sell Carew

Top scorer? No thanks. Doesn't have to start all the time but a good asset from the bench.

50k a week so we can throw him on if were losing because he's big. No thanks. Harewood's probably a better impact sub. I'd rather someone who is firstly good and should be pushing for starting place if not starting. Who if he came on would actually lift the players, run around abit and add some quality. I mean, Harewood was excellent for us from the bench in terms of changing the game, lifting the team and crowd yet he was pretty average. Best impact subs are the one's who look to make a difference to the game rather than simply being "big".

I prefer the team doing well over John Carew being around personally.

Sell Carew

Top scorer? No thanks. Doesn't have to start all the time but a good asset from the bench.

Wasting yer time mate, the Carew haters will not change their minds

Sell Carew

I don't hate Carew. He was one of my favourite Villa players especially in the 07-08 season., I just happen to think the way we want to play and the style of our midfielders and team don't now suit his style of play and he holds his back and doesn't fit into the team as well as he used too as well as his level of his consistancy has dropped over the past years. Don't think he's the same since that back injury last year. He's not going to get any better and the team has averaged more goals, conceded less, and won more points per minute/match with him OUT the team than him in the team despite the fact the games Carew played in, 15 of them were against mid-table and lower teams, and without Carew, only 9 games against teams in mid-table or lower.

I'm sorry but he simply isn't good enough anymore for where we want to be. 9 premiership goals from open play too. Hardly the goalscoring ability some people make out.

Sell Carew

I don't hate Carew. He was one of my favourite Villa players especially in the 07-08 season., I just happen to think the way we want to play and the style of our midfielders and team don't now suit his style of play and he holds his back and doesn't fit into the team as well as he used too as well as his level of his consistancy has dropped over the past years. Don't think he's the same since that back injury last year. He's not going to get any better and the team has averaged more goals, conceded less, and won more points per minute/match with him OUT the team than him in the team despite the fact the games Carew played in, 15 of them were against mid-table and lower teams, and without Carew, only 9 games against teams in mid-table or lower.

I'm sorry but he simply isn't good enough anymore for where we want to be. 9 premiership goals from open play too. Hardly the goalscoring ability some people make out.

:crylaugh:

Are you going to give an actual repsonse or just post :crylaugh: ?

FWIW, I completely agree with AVFC-POB, maybe not sell him, but we play awful, awful football when he is in the team.