Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are operating in a very small market pool of players now and there are very few that fit our bill as we chase anbd compete to finish top 4 . I don't know all the targets and doubt I would be able to find out as we still looking and considering players that fit .

Doyle is still under consideration but what Wolves would want now will mean this is unlikely to happen .

Keane maybe but Spurs are notoriously difficult to deal with and again unlikely .

Ireland yes and we are in pole position because no one else in our bracket can offer him what we can . But there is no rush and if it takes until AUGUST 31ST then it will as they feel we have a team that we can put on the pitch nowat the start of the season and compete.

The big thing this close season will be small tinkering maybe 3 at best signings but there will be a step up of players to the plate Delfounso/ Albrighton / Weimann / Clarke and Licha .

:cry:

We need players who are good enough to help us get into the top 4 who are available of a price we can afford and who want to come to a team outside the top 4. I think it's obvious we are looking at a small group of players that match that criteria.

Lichaj?? they think he's good enough? what about Bannan?

Bannan will go considered too lightweight and allegedly likes the night life too much and didn't get rave reports off Holloway allegedly falling on his phone twice at 1 and 4am in the morning pissed and rang Hollway by mistake getting him out of bed !

We will get money for him !

I am not sure at all about Lichah but thats the thinking

We are operating in a very small market pool of players now and there are very few that fit our bill as we chase anbd compete to finish top 4 . I don't know all the targets and doubt I would be able to find out as we still looking and considering players that fit .

Doyle is still under consideration but what Wolves would want now will mean this is unlikely to happen .

Keane maybe but Spurs are notoriously difficult to deal with and again unlikely .

Ireland yes and we are in pole position because no one else in our bracket can offer him what we can . But there is no rush and if it takes until AUGUST 31ST then it will as they feel we have a team that we can put on the pitch nowat the start of the season and compete.

The big thing this close season will be small tinkering maybe 3 at best signings but there will be a step up of players to the plate Delfounso/ Albrighton / Weimann / Clarke and Licha .

I would imagine an issue with Ireland would be us unwilling to sell them Milner so they won't want us to have Ireland if they can sell elsewhere.

Also as much as they want Milner as a player to me it seems just like last season there seems to be a strategic buying policy of Man City to buy player's from clubs around them in the league making them stronger and the other''s weaker in one swoop.

Bannan will go considered too lightweight and allegedly likes the night life too much and didn't get rave reports off Holloway allegedly falling on his phone twice at 1 and 4am in the morning pissed and rang Hollway by mistake getting him out of bed !

Id love it if you were Martin O'Neill

that's a shame but he's out of contract isn't he?

when you say Albrighton, Clark will step up to the plate, do you mean they'll play in the cups etc?

be a step up of players to the plate Delfounso/ Albrighton / Weimann / Clarke and Licha .

so basically we have no ambition in breaking the top 4

when will MON walk , before or after the Milner sale ?

be a step up of players to the plate Delfounso/ Albrighton / Weimann / Clarke and Licha .

how do you know these players aren't good enough?

:crylaugh: I dont why I'm laughing :D:D I should of known better

There is total belief we can break the top 4 and I would say finishing 6th three seasons in a row we are established in that bracket . Randy is running it right put the byuilding blocks in place and him and MON are on the same page . Man United fans could have said the same when they promoted 5 players to their first team squad . If you are expecting marqee signings then I would say Torres / Gerrard or Tevez are out of our reach .

Also as much as they want Milner as a player to me it seems just like last season there seems to be a strategic buying policy of Man City to buy player's from clubs around them in the league making them stronger and the other''s weaker in one swoop.

I agree with this. Bit like Chelsea appeared to be doing a few years ago - buying players not necessarily to strengthen, but to weaken their rivals or to stop them acquiring said players.

If you are expecting marquee signings then I would say Torres / Gerrard or Tevez are out of our reach .

will i understand that was always going to be the case so i didn't have expectation of us signing Torres

but we weren't good enough last season and i fail to see how promoting 4 or 5 youngsters will improve us ..

Man U promoted Scholes , Beckham , giggs ... our youngsters are not even close to that level