Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

It's not all bad news, looks like Madrid have pulled out of the Van der Vaart to spurs deal at the last minute. Haha.

I bet poor old Harrys face has nearly melted away now.

I'm looking at Ssn.and Harry is saying 8m

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not suprised but i am disapointed at the lack of any new signings.

the one thing fans want nearly as much as good results is the signing of new exciting players.

with the uncertainty surrounding a manager coming in, it would have bought the board a lot more time if they had gone out and signed a top forward.

what difference would it have made? well a player who can pop in a gaol when the game is going no where changes the complexion of a game.

it would have provided more income for the club, more positive media interest, more interest in general from the fans and also a level of excitement which to be honest has not reached any higher than when MoN came to the club, the signings we have made havent excited me, i have been pleased but havent thought they were going to make too much of a difference.

too late now though, we need to get the best man for the managers job we can. any joe average and the board will not get the trust and belief they have earned from the fans with the last 4 years worth of good work.

it can go out of the window in a very short space of time.

Kmac needs to stay at what he is good at, that keeps some continuity at the club, make him manager and i bet by christmas he is sacked and the 14 years of stirling work he has done at the club will count for nothing and the reserves and youth team will be without the star coach.

Lots to look forward to.

We have Heskey falling on his fat arse 10 times every half, and John **** Carew who only plays when he wants to. The prick.

You could always do something else on Sat/Sun/Mon- whenever we're playing. Hear B&q's quite good fun these dats.

:lol:

I bet you love James Corden, right?

No i dont but i do love moaning twunts. Im sure we will get on well.

:winkold:

i do 2. lolz. x.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine x

with the uncertainty surrounding a manager coming in, it would have bought the board a lot more time if they had gone out and signed a top forward.

Not generally a good idea to buy a player and then appoint a manager; remember the Jo fiasco at Man City. I personally thought the whole Milner deal should have been stopped once we lost our manager, but thats probably just.

Also how many ‘top’ forwards would have come?

It's not all bad news, looks like Madrid have pulled out of the Van der Vaart to spurs deal at the last minute. Haha.

I bet poor old Harrys face has nearly melted away now.

I'm looking at Ssn.and Harry is saying 8m

im looking at my watch and saying tough titty

A Lot of people seem to be pinning their hopes on the new manager making signings in the January window. Whe in reality their is usually a dearth of options available.

I think were stuck with what weve got now untill 2011/12

Who is to say we will sign players in January. People presumed we would strengthen this summer coming towards the end of last season.
Then MON left...

Not blaming him entirely for the situation just saying, that certainly threw a spanner in the works.

The club has stated with absolute clarity that they have not made significant investments in this summers transfer market simply because there is not at this time a manager and until such a time arrives when we do actually have someone occupying the managers chair in a long term fashion, the club will not be making any investments in the playing staff.

Strewth it's like pulling teeth,

Oh, and the transfer market is now closed? How about we shut up shop here and discuss something else?

Up the Villa.

Who is to say we will sign players in January. People presumed we would strengthen this summer coming towards the end of last season.
Then MON left...

Not blaming him entirely for the situation just saying, that certainly threw a spanner in the works.

MON left and until he gives his reasons for leaving we can only speculate. But could he have left because he would not have the money to spend this summer?