Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Why don't we just cash in on everyone - Milner £30m, Gabby £22m, Young £25m. That's £77m to spend on 5 or 6 players that will come in and automatically gel, making us nailed on top4. Piece of piss.

;)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't we just cash in on everyone - Milner £30m, Gabby £22m, Young £25m. That's £77m to spend on 5 or 6 players that will come in and automatically gel, making us nailed on top4. Piece of piss.

;)

Worked for Spurs! :D

It's not chaos - these threads have a particular structure they follow each year. We start with the "when's the window open", then progress to the Miguel and Zigic links, followed by the "When is MON back from holidays". We are about to move on to the "all the good players will be gone if MON doesn't get a move on" phase.

You've forgotten the 'How many seats are around the conference table?' phase.

For £22m we could probably buy Radamel Falcao lol

Falcao under MONs system. Joy!

MON would turn Ronaldinho into Gavin Mccann if he didn't leave him on the bench all season for having other ideas about how to win a game of football

That's a fail Emmett. Good technical players have consistently flourished under MON. Milner and Young being the 2 obvious examples.

No fail! Don't fail me. Why isn't Ash in the World Cup squad? Because MON made a right-footer play on the left wing. This is exactly why Capello doesn't like Ash. MON hammers square pegs into round holes. RB/LB situation case in point.

Because MON made a right-footer play on the left wing

He was a left winger. MON originally played him up front until it became clear that he was a left winger. He's been a left winger for his entire career. In my opinion this season the reason Young didn't get into the 30 was because he was used on the right - where England are relatively more flush than on the left. So yes, square peg round hole this season but left wing is where he should be.

I'd like to think if we were to sell Gabby for £22m, then we could replace him with much better for the same cost

So why wouldn't the team who bought Agbonlahor off us do the same?

Perhaps the team buying him would see him in a different role than we desire - for example they might see him as a good sort of target man, whilst we see him as main goalscorer.

No fail! Don't fail me. Why isn't Ash in the World Cup squad? Because MON made a right-footer play on the left wing. This is exactly why Capello doesn't like Ash. MON hammers square pegs into round holes. RB/LB situation case in point.

And where does Copello play Milner?

Well Ash has said he preers the left wing, he was a left winger anyway. And he's won the PFA young player of the year and made the PFA team of the year and become one of the best wingers in the premier league whilst playing there.

What a prick MON is eh? How dare he do that to the poor kid?!

Feel free to have a go at MON for his negative points, he deserves it. But it's when people make up this sort of shit that it really gets on my nerves.

Ashley Young said not long after he joined Villa that his favourite position was left midfield, he was playing left midfield for Watford when he wasn't playing off the striker.

He doesn't like Ash because he hasn't done well when he played for England, no, your right, it's MON's fault. ha ha.

I'd like to think if we were to sell Gabby for £22m, then we could replace him with much better for the same cost

So why wouldn't the team who bought Agbonlahor off us do the same?

Well quite frankly, i think this is why no one would bid 22m for Gabby. To be honest.

What a crazy statement. So Capello doesn't like right footed players playing on the left wing? Joe Cole?

Ash quite clearly is a much better player on the left then on the right.

So I think a fail is the correct term to use :lol:

Correct, Capello didnt take Young becuase hes a right footed winger playing on the left, to chuck some salt into the wound he has also decided to take SWP who is a right footed winger playing on the bench.

Sorry. Have you watched England before? Under Capello, pretty much every game has been Gerrard on the left.

Ashley Young says he prefers the left wing, he won Young player of the year playing from the left wing. He created 17 in one season from the left wing. He was in the team of the season being on the left wing.

He weren't some magic right winger who was storming the Premiership before we changed into him a left winger.

Can't believe that comment.

If Milner goes, I want MON to go in quick for Ireland and Bellamy. Both top notch and probably the best within the league we could attract.

Id also try to break the bank and go all out for joe cole. If you dont try you dont get, theres a slight chace if mon worked his magic, we could tease him away. I cant see chelsea wanting to sell to the other top 4 other than arsenal (they are owed a favour for the gallas-cole swop) so it could be between us and spurs. Suppose the London factor will scupper it most likely.

Still want to take a gamble abroad, just tidy little players for not ridiculous fees....