Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

41 minutes ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Nah, my Dad called me to tell me to put it on after the 7th wicket, and I've just switched off before the latest one, so should get em out pretty quickly

Typical that I was right...

I've only ever seen Villa lose at Wembley and Tigers lost both finals I went to, reckon I should just knock this whole sports thing on the head

• Haha 1

incredible performance by England to turn that one around.

What a rollercoaster for Hartley. Get his first ball in Test cricket carted for six, then takes 7 wickets.

Amazing runout by Stokes.

MoM a tough call but I think Pope just edges it for me.

well done guys.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The jam pun didn't spread as well as you thought it would.

Did not think he would have got so lemon

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Did not think he would have got so lemon

Lost his zest for a good pun. 

• Haha 1

Good grief what an extraordinary result. One of the best away wins I can remember in a long time, given the nature of the game, I can't recall a come from behind game like that. In reverse Windies doing it to us at Headingly a few years ago comes to mind, but, and I could have blanked some really obvious ones, can't think of a game like that for a while.

Full credit to the team, Stokes, Hartley, Pope, and Foakes and Ahmed with crucial contributions with the bat too.

Series on!

Extraordinary test, don't think I've seen a team dead and buried like that come back and win. Pope has to be MOTM. Hartley can only take some good 4th innings wickets if England put a good score up and without Pope India don't even have to bat again there 

On a day where it seems football fans can't sit in opposite sections of a stadium without injuring each other and innocents around them, the cricketing family show them how it's done.

Well done England, a brilliant test match.

• Like 4

What a great win.  Pope fulfilling his potential and Stokes's captaincy with the spinners was brilliant.  Congrats to Hartley, I really didn't see that coming.  I just wish TNT had put a bit more effort in, not having anyone in a studio to analyse it was pretty poor.  Well done to the Windies as well.

Test Cricket is boring they say.....

Test Cricket is still the only form of cricket that I really enjoy!

Thank **** for weeks like these where we have not one but two brilliant test matches ending in tense results.

Well done England and well done West Indies.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, theunderstudy said:

Extraordinary test, don't think I've seen a team dead and buried like that come back and win.

Possibly "Botham's Ashes " at Headingly ??

3 hours ago, veloman said:

Possibly "Botham's Ashes " at Headingly ??

Maybe. Before my time though so never experienced it first hand. The Stokes Headingley Miracle maybe... In this England were effectively -27 for 5 with India yet to bat on a surface they comfortably scored 436 on a day earlier.....in India itself with a rookie bowling attack. Outstanding character both by Pope and the bowlers batting and fielding 

• Like 1

Â