Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

That was s****. But it happens. We got hammered by South Africa in the first summer of Bazball. I've seen so many series where England have played 'proper' test cricket and been hammered in the sub continent.

This England team has been for the most part brilliant for the last 18 months. I wouldn't put it past them to come back strongly in the next test. 

Root finished unbeaten on 122 and we've knocked over 7 Indian wickets for a current lead of 134. Much better stuff.

• Like 1

Ashwin takes 2 wickets in 2 balls and all of sudden England totally lose their advantage.... Can Root rescue them again, hopefully he gets more top order support this time.

Great test series this is turning into.... England to win for 2-2

It's actually time for Stokes to chime in with one of his innings... He could change this match in a session.

In fact the responsibility should fall on Bairstow just as much... Stokes is more capable so I defer to him by default 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Annoying collapse. Lead of 200 will be handy still, this pitch looks horrible to bat on. Foakes & Bashir just occupying the crease is the move here, longer we stay in the better. 

**** disgraceful again. Pissing away a 3rd day strong advantage yet again. Honestly, sometimes **** thids England side. India to cruise to a series win utterly needlessly. Pricks.

Most innings there are 4 or 5 batting failures. Usually have to rely on one person putting a big score together. 

• 2 weeks later...

Another wank batting collapse. 

Too many failures in every innings. Reckless and braindead choices. 

• Like 2

India surpass our total for the loss of one wicket.

They actually get paid for this dross!

I wonder what England would give for a Jonathon Trott now, oftern ridiculed by the cockney press because of his slight eccentricities; and the fact that he didn't play for Surrey, Middlesex, Kent etc !

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Another shameful display by the England batters. 

heard Stokes on the radio saying he thought the lads had done well.

Compared to his efforts I suppose they have!!

Don't know if this should be in the Deadpool thread , but Duncan Fearnley has died. His bats reigned supreme during the 70's and early 80's. The (very poor) team I played for had them . And for a bonus point , we DID buy them from Harry Parkes shop !!

• Like 1

Â