Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, Avfc96 said:

Josh Baker has passed away. 20-year-old spinner for Worcester and was playing for their second XI yesterday. So very sad. 

Wow, died of what I wonder?

None of the online reports say anything.

Very odd. Especially if he was playing yesterday.

• Sad 1

Guardian reporting that this summer will be Jimmy's last. 

Great great career, but something seems to have gone over the past 18 months. Shame he didn't bow out with Broad last summer.

• Like 1

Only needs 13 more wickets to have taken 1000 wickets for England, I really really hope he has one final swansong in him.

I thought he bowled well in India.  Even now he is probably the bowler you could count on being fit for a whole summer and the most skillful but it has to come to an end some time.  I'm not sure I could really pick a reliable pace attack at the moment.  Sounds like they want extra pace ready for the next away Ashes but they always get injured.

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I thought he bowled well in India.  Even now he is probably the bowler you could count on being fit for a whole summer and the most skillful but it has to come to an end some time.  I'm not sure I could really pick a reliable pace attack at the moment.  Sounds like they want extra pace ready for the next away Ashes but they always get injured.

It feels like it's been like that for a while, even when Broady was firing. They were both the players to turn it around, but I think age has finally caught them both out sadly. 

I don't really follow it as much as I should, who's next in line as the pace bowlers?

Amy Jones, Sutton Coldfied  lass, VIlla fan, Warwickshire and England keeper. Equalled record for most catches in a match yesterday including one worldie, 

Also overtook the magnificent Sarah Taylor in number of dismissals for England all in her 100th game. Also got player of the match. Not a bad day for her.

Just think it warrants acknowledgement.

• Like 2

My lad got Player of the Match today in his first club (not county) game 😃

It was pairs cricket.  He bowled 3 overs for 5 runs (1.67 economy), 1 wicket and no no-balls.

Picked up 7 runs off 9 balls faced (his batting partner couldn't get the ball away from singles and kept pinching strike.

Also nearly caught a great half chance and stopped about 12 runs from fielding on the boundary.

Really proud of the fella.  

His schedule this week is training Tues, game wednesday, Thursday.  Football training Friday, Worcester game Sunday.  Then I'm out of the country for 5 days and miss 2 games ☹️.

• Like 2

Â