General Chat

Stevo985

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not to be rude, can't any of you people cook steak? Surely you go out and eat something you couldn't cook in literally 4 minutes yourself. 

I can (and do) but my chimichurri has never quite made the grade.

15 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not to be rude, can't any of you people cook steak? Surely you go out and eat something you couldn't cook in literally 4 minutes yourself. 

I find at restaurants steaks are nearly always over-seasoned and the chef usually fails to renter the fat and get a good crust (and this applies to fancier places as well like Gaucho). I’d get ordering steak if it isn’t something that you can’t almost always cook better yourself. 

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Think I need a break from the Villa Talk section. Seems most people in there just want to argue, spout hyperbolic statements and become massively inflamed at the most nothingy things…

Welcome to The Internet. 

Mind you, even in off topic I advise you not to mention any music groups :D

8 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Welcome to The Internet. 

Mind you, even in off topic I advise you not to mention any music groups :D

Or certain food-combinations

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 20/11/2021 at 20:51, Genie said:

Is Miller and Carter any good?

Ive been but imagine it is a fairly up market steak house.

I saw a picture on fb of some friends having a meal there. 6 of them squashed into a tiny booth and the potions looked absolutely tiny.

I’m sure the steak tastes nice, but being crammed in like that looked more like Frankie and Benny’s.

It’s about as upmarket as the Gourmet Burger Kitchen

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xann said:

Has the food hall on redeveloped areas of urban decay trend not reached the Mids then?

https://www.barra10.co.uk/

digbeth dining club was a great success but then had to move

theres a decent one in kiddy trying to do events called eat street repeat

they're definitely the future but id say at the moment due to the size of them its more a dirty burger thing than a south american steak

im not sure who the best national chain restaurant would actually be, i do like m&c and then TGIs, tried to find out who the big ones are and came across a 2020 survey saying the top 3 were nandos, pizza express and f&bs, thats depressing

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

I saw the full version this morning, really sickening. It’s like something from the GTA game.

is it just me that wonders why someone would stand their shouting "oh my God , Oh my god " over and and over as they carry on videoing and do absolutely **** all to help 

The Waukesha incident doesn't have many legs because there's no zeitgeist catching element to it. It quickly became evident it was someone running from another incident and ploughing through people in their escape. There's not really any 'why', any narrative to speculate on. It's just a horrible event committed by an oxygen stealing word removed.

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

is it just me that wonders why someone would stand their shouting "oh my God , Oh my god " over and and over as they carry on videoing and do absolutely **** all to help 

Shock is a crazy thing

On 17/11/2021 at 18:51, Paddywhack said:

Pregnant Mrs P and I went to the 20 week scan this morning. The sonographer asked us if we’d like to find out the sex and we said we did. She said she’d do all the health checks first and then let us know at the end.

Thoughout the whole procedure she kept saying things like “I’m just measuring her spine”, “she’s lying on her front at the moment” and “ah look, she’s got her hands behind her head”.

At the end when she asked if we had any questions, we said “it’s a girl then?”

It’s a boy.

Are you Del or Rodney in this scenario ?

• Like 1

Had surgery on my thumb today. Tendon stitched back together and my thumb and wrist sewn back up. First time I’ve ever had to wear a cast. Numbness wearing off now replaced by pain . Was hoping to get back to work next week but doubtful with this cast on. It comes off in two weeks to be replaced by a splint . They want me to have 6-8 weeks off work. That ain’t going to happen as I’m self employed . 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is going on in your brain when you overplay a song and stop enjoying it?

And why do you sometimes, but only very rarely, manage to recapture that experience with a song you previously played to death?

I was just out running and had Smells Like Teen Spirit on the playlist, just because it’s a nice rhythm for running. And for some reason tonight it sounded a bit like how it sounded when I first heard it - really really belting vocals that go right through you, rather than just a cheesy student disco track.

See also: Ashley Young on Saturday.

• Like 3

Â