General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

I'm still on the £9.99 Netflix poverty train, this 4k nonsense hasn't caught on in my house yet :D 

For a tenner each, Netflix and Spotify are very good value for the use I get from them. Prime and it's music service are probably better value for money, but **** Amazon, Bezos and his penis extension rockets.

I'm sure my Netflix is £5.99? I must be on the 360p package! 

• Haha 1

I've got Netflix, Amazon Prime, Britbox and Apple TV (3 months free - will cancel when it expires)

Cancelled NOW TV Movies, NOW TV Entertainment and NOW TV Sports last year - may reactivate them occasionally for a month.

Also got Spotify Premium ( @Tegis - i think you may have sent me my invite all those years ago!) and Readly. 

• Like 1

Don't pay for any subscription services, and happily sit behind blockers of various types.

If I like what you do? You will be paid accordingly, by many multiples of what the streamers hand over.

646384718_Photoon28-11-2021at11_53.jpg.2d02357bc1020d60b4b605091f15d7b8.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, limpid said:

What do you get from Spotify that you don;'t get from Youtube Music (bundled in premium)?

I don't know. Does YT Music have (almost) every album in existence, like Spotify does? This is one random page, they have literally hundreds of albums matching my search. 

Screenshot_2021-11-28-12-26-37-88_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Got Netflix in 2013 (I checked, and yikes, time flies) because it was cheap, about £6 at the time. With today's price-hike it roze above £14 and that is Youtube premium family territory.

Not watching series that much, and the Apple TVs inability to block ads, and ads on youtube being longer and unskippable sealed it, switch done.

Spotify, Tidal, Disney+, NFL-Gamepass, Youtube premium and a shared Viaplay (Nordic service). Bloody hell :o

Free market economy saving you money. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I don't know. Does YT Music have (almost) every album in existence, like Spotify does? This is one random page, they have literally hundreds of albums matching my search. 

I don't know. I'm not advocating anything, I was just curious. FWIW:

Screenshot_20211128-133947.png

And you get videos too.

10 minutes ago, limpid said:

I don't know. I'm not advocating anything, I was just curious. FWIW:

Screenshot_20211128-133947.png

And you get videos too.

Is that YT? If so, then yes, it looks comparable. 

• Like 1

If the content, functionality, sound quality and price work for you? It's a goer.

Choice of provider is as subjective as the choice of media you're listening to.

None of the paid subscription providers come anywhere close to the sum of the free, mainly legit services, for me anyway.

Bandcamp is amazing. Archive.org is way, way better than most suspect.

• Like 1

The news story on the 6 year old boy who got abused by his mother then father after she got jailed, is yet another devastating failure of the social care and policing system. Our lad is 6, got friends over just now, had everyone crying in our house just watching the footage and audio of him.

What is wrong with these people, needs to be a big sentence!!

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

The news story on the 6 year old boy who got abused by his mother then father after she got jailed, is yet another devastating failure of the social care and policing system. Our lad is 6, got friends over just now, had everyone crying in our house just watching the footage and audio of him.

It's absolutely horrible. I drive down that road sometimes and it's horrible to think what might have been going on only a few feet away behind closed doors. 

The whole family sounds completely dysfunctional, but it's just hard to believe nobody knew anything was going on and this came to the attention of no one. 

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What must these kids be thinking if all they know is both parents abusing them? Poor, poor boy.

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's absolutely horrible. I drive down that road sometimes and it's horrible to think what might have been going on only a few feet away behind closed doors. 

The whole family sounds completely dysfunctional, but it's just hard to believe nobody knew anything was going on and this came to the attention of no one. 

Not sure why him not going to school wasn't followed up. At least they may have noted something was wrong.

I know that road well too, an exgf used to live on Solihull road. I always remember her saying child abuse was rife in that area when she was at school., strange.

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure why him not going to school wasn't followed up. At least they may have noted something was wrong.

I know that road well too, an exgf used to live on Solihull road. I always remember her saying child abuse was rife in that area when she was at school., strange.

School would have little contact with him I would think, at least not enough to notice gradual deterioration.  It was mainly going on through lockdown. 

I wonder how many thousands have suffered horrendous cruelty and abuse during lockdown.  

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Genie said:

What must these kids be thinking if all they know is both parents abusing them? Poor, poor boy.

The video of him that was released where he's saying "nobody loves me" shortly before he died is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I've never been so angered by others until I saw it.

I only hope that, as child murderers, they aren't kept isolated from other prisoners. And the torture they inflicted on the innocent child is returned to them tenfold.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The video of him that was released where he's saying "nobody loves me" shortly before he died is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I've never been so angered by others until I saw it.

I only hope that, as child murderers, they aren't kept isolated from other prisoners. And the torture they inflicted on the innocent child is returned to them tenfold.

Yeah, I'm sure they'll be marked people. Hopefully a few blind eyes are turned, nothing would be too unfortunate for these. 

• Like 2

Â