General Chat

Stevo985

Anyone recommend non electric ear and nose clippers?

The motor died on my interchangeable men's grooming kit. Bought a set of Wahl's more solid clippers, but I'll still need to address ear and nose forests.

I'm more of a mind to pay more and replace never these days. 

An electric device that will become landfill just for ears and nose seems a bit unnecessary.

external-content.duckduckgo-1.jpg.24c3929dc958896f18169f5b9b75289b.jpg This seems to be a common design concept.

36 minutes ago, bickster said:

FIngernails and yank

You smoke don't you? If you stop? Give it a couple of months and see if you still think it's a good idea? ;)

32 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

This is maybe a way of saying I am old without saying I am old. Nose, the bickster method. Ears wife literally took tweezers to them today. A partner, good light and tweezers. 

:) She sleeps with me. It's not really on to make it any worse for her.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xann said:

You smoke don't you? If you stop? Give it a couple of months and see if you still think it's a good idea? ;)

:) She sleeps with me. It's not really on to make it any worse for her.

No pain, no gain

2 hours ago, bickster said:

FIngernails and yank

I'm not letting an American deal with my Nasal hair. Would probably attack it with a possibly automatic, potentially semi-automatic weapon. 

• Haha 2

Got Netflix in 2013 (I checked, and yikes, time flies) because it was cheap, about £6 at the time. With today's price-hike it roze above £14 and that is Youtube premium family territory.

Not watching series that much, and the Apple TVs inability to block ads, and ads on youtube being longer and unskippable sealed it, switch done.

Spotify, Tidal, Disney+, NFL-Gamepass, Youtube premium and a shared Viaplay (Nordic service). Bloody hell :o

2 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Got Netflix in 2013 (I checked, and yikes, time flies) because it was cheap, about £6 at the time. With today's price-hike it roze above £14 and that is Youtube premium family territory.

Not watching series that much, and the Apple TVs inability to block ads, and ads on youtube being longer and unskippable sealed it, switch done.

Spotify, Tidal, Disney+, NFL-Gamepass, Youtube premium and a shared Viaplay (Nordic service). Bloody hell :o

Do you have Amazon Prime too? 

I get Disney+ for a month when Mandalorian is out and then it’s cancelled. 

Haven't had Netflix for a few years now after pretty much every show I liked got either took off or cancelled.

Prime I had for a bit to watch series 1 of The Boys but haven’t gone back.

I only have freeview now and only really watch YouTube these days. 

I think I’m a skinflint.

16 minutes ago, Genie said:

Do you have Amazon Prime too? 

Nope. Loathe (irrationally) Amazon as a company

My guess is the Disney is the next on on the chopping-block even though it's cheap. And depending on how the upcoming Spotify high quality service sounds, Tidal will probably go as well

I'm still on the £9.99 Netflix poverty train, this 4k nonsense hasn't caught on in my house yet :D 

For a tenner each, Netflix and Spotify are very good value for the use I get from them. Prime and it's music service are probably better value for money, but **** Amazon, Bezos and his penis extension rockets.

I got Netflix when it was a dvd home delivery service... 

Got Netflix, amazon, Disney and Spotify at the moment (as well as game game and PSN) not had sky for a long time but did have now TV for a couple of years, not got terrestrial TV

Disney I'm on a month for £1 but seriously don't think I'll get through everything I want to watch, stars is a great addition, will cancel it around early Feb I think when bobba fett and hawkeye are done 

Amazon I don't know how or why I've lasted so long with it, watch hardly anything on it but everytime I look at cancelling it something else pops up

Netflix is king, I have the premium package but not sure why, the 4k stuff is nonsense but I have half my family sharing my account and I'm sure it gives you more people 

If they did HBO go instead of sky/now TV I'd probably look at getting that too

Edited by villa4europe

53 minutes ago, Tegis said:

What do you get from Spotify that you don;'t get from Youtube Music (bundled in premium)?

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Netflix is king, I have the premium package but not sure why, the 4k stuff is nonsense but I have half my family sharing my account and I'm sure it gives you more people 

It does, you get 4 with premium butn only 2 concurrent sessions with standard

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, limpid said:

What do you get from Spotify that you don;'t get from Youtube Music (bundled in premium)?

Don't know yet, uncharted territory but we'll see. I did try to switch the family from Spotify to Tidal (family accounts in both cases) but that went sour. To much missing stuff and for all faults, Spotify has their implementation, ecosystem and interface nailed down, showing that they have been in the game much longer than the competition.

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Â