General Chat

Stevo985

9 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

The video of him that was released where he's saying "nobody loves me" shortly before he died is the saddest thing I've ever seen. I've never been so angered by others until I saw it.

I only hope that, as child murderers, they aren't kept isolated from other prisoners. And the torture they inflicted on the innocent child is returned to them tenfold.

Believe me it happens, they hate those sort in prison. They will get isolated after a few, turn a blind eye beatings.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

The news story on the 6 year old boy who got abused by his mother then father after she got jailed, is yet another devastating failure of the social care and policing system. Our lad is 6, got friends over just now, had everyone crying in our house just watching the footage and audio of him.

What is wrong with these people, needs to be a big sentence!!

Its appalling mate. The problem is, the social services and police are massively underfunded. When that happens, things get missed. There will be the usual inquest and 'lessons to be learned' and 'we can't let this happen again' quotes will be trotted out and nothing will change sadly. 

You've got the story of young Kemarni Watson in the Express and Star today. A 3yo beaten to death by his mother and her partner. Absolute disgrace. These people never deserve to see daylight again. 

The worrying thing is, these stories seem to me, to be becoming more common? 

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Its appalling mate. The problem is, the social services and police are massively underfunded. When that happens, things get missed. There will be the usual inquest and 'lessons to be learned' and 'we can't let this happen again' quotes will be trotted out and nothing will change sadly. 

You've got the story of young Kemarni Watson in the Express and Star today. A 3yo beaten to death by his mother and her partner. Absolute disgrace. These people never deserve to see daylight again. 

The worrying thing is, these stories seem to me, to be becoming more common? 

Yeah, it's worrying how much you don't hear about.😳

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Hopefully next time there is an election people will think underfunding child protection is a significant issue.

Is it underfunding though mate? Social services did go out to them and assess him. I blame social services myself, they seem to need a complete shake up from training upwards. To many of these get missed, you would know if shit is going on, but have to know the phycology of people. It's very basic training to work in social services, they don't teach this. Most people I have met who work in social care/child protection are numpties.

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Is it underfunding though mate? Social services did go out to them and assess him. I blame social services myself, they seem to need a complete shake up from training upwards. To many of these get missed, you would know if shit is going on, but have to know the phycology of people. It's very basic training to work in social services, they don't teach this. Most people I have met who work in social care/child protection are numpties.

Mrs Sidcow saw this story for the first time today.  Her comment was if they had taken him away you just know the parents would be on the front page of the mail with the sad faces and the headline about they stole my kid.  You see this a lot. 

I think they are damned of they do and damned if they don't much of the time. I wouldn't like to be portrayed as the child snatcher on the front pages.  That seriously must play into their thinking. 

Then again some child protection expert on the news said it should definitely have been spotted.  Someone from the council said the parents were masters of manipulation and put up a front. I get that but has any child abuser in history ever had a visit and put their hands up and admitted it.  Surely part of the job is seeing through that. You've not been called there for no reason. 

I dont believe there wasn't SOME evidence of serious wrongness about this, more than common or garden shit parenting. 

Edited by sidcow

10 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow saw this story for the first time today.  Her comment was if they had taken him away you just know the parents would be on the front page of the mail with the sad faces and the headline about they stole my kid.  You see this a lot. 

I think they are damned of they do and damned if they don't much of the time. I wouldn't like to be portrayed as the child snatcher on the front pages.  That seriously must play into their thinking. 

Then again some child protection expert on the news said it should definitely have been spotted.  Someone from the council said the parents were masters of manipulation and put up a front. I get that but has any child abuser in history ever had a visit and put their hands up and admitted it.  Surely part of the job is seeing through that. You've not been called there for no reason. 

I dont believe there wasn't SOME evidence of serious wrongness about this, more than common or garden shit parenting. 

I'm with you on this. But also knowing that the mother had been banged up for abusing the child, surely it must have been a priority case if they are being called out again, especially with the child also having bruises and the grandmother complaining she was being kept away from seeing him, alarm bells must have been ringing.

I doubt anyone would have give the parents sympathy, knowing previously the mother had been imprisoned for abuse if the child was taken away by child protection.

I also think it's human nature, you just get some people who are good at there job and some who can't be arsed with the paper work.

Maybe I misread, but didn't it happen quickly. The poor lad and his Dad moved into the woman's house in March '20 and was dead 3 months later? The woman (if I can call her that) sounds pure evil. 

Those videos of him crying out were awful. Stuff like this doesn’t really effect me, but it really messes with my wife’s head. She was sat there crying whilst it was on the news . Seems like lockdown was able to cover some of it up. Must have been horrible for people stuck in an abusive relationship to go through lockdown .

• Like 2

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Not sure why him not going to school wasn't followed up. At least they may have noted something was wrong.

I know that road well too, an exgf used to live on Solihull road. I always remember her saying child abuse was rife in that area when she was at school., strange.

What part of Solihull is it? It looks a rough area . 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

It is, all the roads are I would say council or ex council.  Its basically sandwiched between some ludicrously expensive streets and an industrial estate. There is a brand new full Marks and Spencer store literally at the end of the road.  It is a strange little enclave in all honesty. 

He went to Dickens Heath School.   Dickens Heath is one of those brand new designer villages where people pay big money for a perfect mock village life.  I expect there are a few more than shocked that little Tarquin would have known him. 

That in itself is a little odd because there is a school literally round the corner, Dickens Heath would take at least a car or bus ride every day. 

Edited by sidcow

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Those videos of him crying out were awful. Stuff like this doesn’t really effect me, but it really messes with my wife’s head. She was sat there crying whilst it was on the news . Seems like lockdown was able to cover some of it up. Must have been horrible for people stuck in an abusive relationship to go through lockdown .

It broke my heart on the 6 o’clock news. Then after I watched the football I turned Amazon off and it went straight to the same clips on the 10 o’clock news. Truly heartbreaking.

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

It broke my heart on the 6 o’clock news. Then after I watched the football I turned Amazon off and it went straight to the same clips on the 10 o’clock news. Truly heartbreaking.

Just can’t relate to that way of thinking at all . It’s beyond evil .

27 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It is, all the roads are I would say council or ex council.  Its basically sandwiched between some ludicrously expensive streets and an industrial estate. There is a brand new full Marks and Spencer store literally at the end of the road.  It is a strange little enclave in all honesty. 

He went to Dickens Heath School.   Dickens Heath is one of those brand new designer villages where people pay big money for a perfect mock village life.  I expect there are a few more than shocked that little Tarquin would have known him. 

That in itself is a little odd because there is a school literally round the corner, Dickens Heath would take at least a car or bus ride every day. 

Had a job near Dickens Heath. That’s the thing with brum and other large cities. The landscape changes constantly street by street. Posh upmarket areas with the street next door rough as ****

30 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Just can’t relate to that way of thinking at all . It’s beyond evil .

The fact that they were filming it it’s another level of evil. It was calculated. I hope they spend their years in prison in the type of fear they subjected to that defenceless boy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Genie said:

The fact that they were filming it it’s another level of evil. It was calculated. I hope they spend their years in prison in the type of fear they subjected to that defenceless boy.

It's absolutely horrific.  In one way, I suppose it's good that the boy is no longer enduring the evil abuse he went through.  There's no chance I'm watching the footage and listening to him saying "no-one loves me" - I just can't face that and the emotions it would trigger.

His Dad texting the stepmother saying "just end him".  Hopefully these two get their just desserts in prison.

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Think they lived on Cranmore Estate in Shirley.  As @sidcow says, it's a council house area.

It’s not something I want to read about as like others it’ll make me emotional and angry but I’m not sure I like the “council area” thing that keeps cropping up on this page. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

It’s not something I want to read about as like others it’ll make me emotional and angry but I’m not sure I like the “council area” thing that keeps cropping up on this page. 

To clarify, I didn't mean it as an inference about a type of person - though I can see how that may be construed.

24 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Christ, no one has been demonising council tenants or inferring they would be more likely to do this kind of thing. The question was asked what kind of area this was and an answer was given.   

Â