General Chat

Stevo985

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't understand Nandos at all.  So expensive for what it is too. 

I'd rather as someone said above go for a sizzling pub 2 chicken dinners for £10 meal. 

Nandos is ridiculously expensive for what it is, an up market KFC.  About 10 years ago was the last time I went there, popped in while shopping with the Mrs. £62 later for 2 meals a small pud and drinks. You could go to a decent restaurant for the price. 

All the footballers love the place don't they. speaks volumes. ££££££

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I mentioned I went to Miller and Carter a couple of months ago, I'd happily never go back.  The wedge of lettuce they give you as a salad is almost an insult.  Go to a South American steakhouse instead.

I know two unrelated people who have actually eaten steaks in Argentina. They both say it was practically a religious experience - way beyond the best they'd ever had in Britain. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know two unrelated people who have actually eaten steaks in Argentina. They both say it was practically a religious experience - way beyond the best they'd ever had in Britain. 

I can imagine.  I went to a family-owned Argie one in Hove a few weeks ago and it was outstanding.  I'd love to go to South America if covid ever buggers off.

Edited by sharkyvilla

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

I mentioned I went to Miller and Carter a couple of months ago, I'd happily never go back.  The wedge of lettuce they give you as a salad is almost an insult.  Go to a South American steakhouse instead.

That's why m&c are so popular though, there isn't a South American steak house to compete with... 

Lived in kiddy and worked in Wolverhampton and worcester, frequented the m&c on the Penn Road for years, there's no competition in either direction on the 449

If I was venturing in to brum then obviously the options open up, I still don't think they're competing with say pulpera or gaucho or fiesta del asado though, they're under them competing with beefeater, TGI's etc there's obviously no Hawksmoors round there either 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Not to be rude, can't any of you people cook steak? Surely you go out and eat something you couldn't cook in literally 4 minutes yourself. 

That's the exact reason my wife never orders steak in restaurants. 

• Like 2

On 20/11/2021 at 04:39, foreveryoung said:

Anyone been to the Royal Air Tattoo at Fairford. Was thinking of taking the family next year, (cancelled the last 2 years) costs a fortune for decent tickets, but looks a amazing day out. My lad loves planes and I'm partial to seeing the odd fighter jet too.

Traffic is an absolute nightmare - but it is a good day out. I enjoy the one they have at Cosford more - also the RAF museum is there which is outstanding :thumb:

Edit. - should read the thread before posting. Sorry for repeating what the others said ! 🤦‍♂️

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Yep and served with spoons usually to cut them as a knife isn’t necessary.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

However any other type of food was like stepping back in time, even in the capital

My younger daughter did a gap year project teaching English in Costa Rica. She was thinking "Central America, lots of nice spicy food, fab". What she got (and bear in mind she was staying with a fairly affluent family that actually owned a cattle ranch) was THE most boring diet - bland rice and beans for practically every meal. That's what the family lived on. Except at the weekend, when they had the huge, succulent steak to die for. 

• Like 1

Â