General Chat

Stevo985

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

My dad’s received a £60 parking fine for overstaying the free 2 hours at a motorway services.

They have a photo of his car entering the car park on one day and then leaving again 2-3 days later.

The truth is he’s never parked there, he’s been driving through their car park to take an illegal back way off the motorway for about 35 years.

I deal with these quite a bit. Can your dad prove his car was elsewhere between the three days?

The ANPR cameras are totally shite

I had a 3 month battle with one of these private parking companies where I could absolutely prove without doubt that the exit camera time was wrong by exactly 1 hour and 6 minutes. We had that many cases with exactly the same result every time. Any non registered car going in there must have been getting a ticket, our cars piking up residents were never more than 5 minutes.

I must have amassed 50 plus tickets to appeal and won every single one of them and every time they insisted there was nothing wrong with the cameras (even though there obviously was)

Anyway, if your dad can prove his car was elsewhere between the two times, they'll rescind the ticket They've got no option. They might huff and puff and push things back to you but eventually they'll give in.. I've not lost a ticket appeal yet

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

I deal with these quite a bit. Can your dad prove his car was elsewhere between the three days?

I had a 3 month battle with one of these private parking companies where I could absolutely prove without doubt that the exit camera time was wrong by exactly 1 hour and 6 minutes. We had that many cases with exactly the same result every time. Any non registered car going in there must have been getting a ticket, our cars piking up residents were never more than 5 minutes.

I must have amassed 50 plus tickets to appeal and won every single one of them and every time they insisted there was nothing wrong with the cameras (even though there obviously was)

Anyway, if your dad can prove his car was elsewhere between the two times, they'll rescind the ticket They've got no option. They might huff and puff and push things back to you but eventually they'll give in.. I've not lost a ticket appeal yet

I’ll have to ask him, but he can barely remember where he was yesterday, let alone a month ago. 

I sent off an appeal for him just explaining that it was two different occasions and if they check their CCTV properly they’ll see him enter and leave the services twice within a few minutes each time (...maybe dropping him in more trouble :wacko:).

I’m expecting it’ll go back and forth a few times, but I’m happy to drag it out....because it’s not my fine of course haha

10 hours ago, slowandlow said:

Frankley services I'd guess

Thats it! Was racking my brain as to which services it was because around around 2003/4 my girlfriend of the time used to work there and used the same trick to get home to Bartley Green. Sometimes they used to block it off and it was a bugger of a journey home.

9 hours ago, bickster said:

Curious what the most common route to prove this is? Do you use GPS trackers or are you reliant on CCTV from other places? 

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Curious what the most common route to prove this is? Do you use GPS trackers or are you reliant on CCTV from other places? 

Well all the cars are tracked when working, so we use that plus we can prove the vehicles also had other bookings in the period between entering and supposedly leaving

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well all the cars are tracked when working, so we use that plus we can prove the vehicles also had other bookings in the period between entering and supposedly leaving

That would work. I'm sat here trying to figure out how I'd prove it and am a bit stumped. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

That would work. I'm sat here trying to figure out how I'd prove it and am a bit stumped. 

That's the problem, many people can't prove it and end up paying. It's legalised extortion

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I found out this week that Big Mo out of Eastenders (old blonde haired bird) is the sister of Gary Oldman! 

Yeah, she was in Nil by Mouth (Oldman's Directorial debut).

Also (geeky fact incoming) her name is Laila Morse which is an anagram of 'mia sorella', which is 'my sister' in Italian. This was suggested by Gary as she didn't want to use the Oldman name.

• Like 2

On 22/04/2021 at 09:25, villa4europe said:

Mid 30s wet penny stopped it for me 

On 22/04/2021 at 11:02, lapal_fan said:

Didn't have the moon-mister down for salad tossing, but you learn something everyday, huh? 

Nope. Didn't understand any of those.

Steve Martin Idk GIF

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nope. Didn't understand any of those.

Steve Martin Idk GIF

Go for a piss, shake shake shake... Shake shake... Shake... Shake shake shake shake... Shake shake... Zip up... Oh for **** sake...

Looks like you've got a wet penny in your pocket 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

My dad’s received a £60 parking fine for overstaying the free 2 hours at a motorway services.

They have a photo of his car entering the car park on one day and then leaving again 2-3 days later.

The truth is he’s never parked there, he’s been driving through their car park to take an illegal back way off the motorway for about 35 years.

It wasn't a short cut as it was a fraction longer but I used to live not too far from Leigh Delamere services on M4. Coming off at the services saved me a couple of times due to crashes and nipping off before getting caught up, and once when junction 17 was unexpectedly closed. It's a long way to 16 and back so was very grateful to get off before the junction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Email from my wife: "I've come to work without my phone again. Have I had any messages?"

Her phone: 

iPhone-iOS-11-Home.png

Me: "Nah"

Surprised she has so many text messages, does she not mainly use WhatsApp?

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Email from my wife: "I've come to work without my phone again. Have I had any messages?"

Her phone: 

iPhone-iOS-11-Home.png

Me: "Nah"

My unread emails are close to that - 24,739

Â