General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Hey, happy St George’s day y’all.

On a Friday too, double celebration.

And happy birthday (and death day) William Shakespeare. 

Saw on the news this morning that the Acorns hospice in Walsall has had to (thankfully, successfully) rely on significant community donations and activities to continue operating, raising £2M over the last 12 months or something.

Where were Aston Villa on this? It would have been a great shame if we’d allowed it go under when a decade ago we were proudly displaying their name on our shirts.

• Like 1

Anyone up for an autocomplete challenge?

Inspired by the following, apparently real headline from Today's Mail:

I tried typing in 'the woke mob can rant for all they're worth, but' and letting autocomplete do the rest, and got:

'The woke mob can rant for all they're worth, but if we don't finish in the top 6 we can go out and have a bit of a meltdown'. (?)

Any improvements?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Saw on the news this morning that the Acorns hospice in Walsall has had to (thankfully, successfully) rely on significant community donations and activities to continue operating, raising £2M over the last 12 months or something.

Where were Aston Villa on this? It would have been a great shame if we’d allowed it go under when a decade ago we were proudly displaying their name on our shirts.

Maybe some of the £2m was from Villa? 

• Like 2

They have 3 hospices, £2m each in running costs, I doubt even in the Lerner years we were giving them £6m a year 

Even if its not villa themselves handing over cash the club still plays a great role in raising awareness, his much of the £2m is from people who know about acorns because of villa? 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Anyone up for an autocomplete challenge?

Inspired by the following, apparently real headline from Today's Mail:

I tried typing in 'the woke mob can rant for all they're worth, but' and letting autocomplete do the rest, and got:

'The woke mob can rant for all they're worth, but if we don't finish in the top 6 we can go out and have a bit of a meltdown'. (?)

Any improvements?

The woke mob can rant for all they’re worth, but they don’t have to be a big fan of the England squad.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

The woke mob can rant for all they’re worth, but they don’t have to be a big fan of the England squad.

The woke mob can rant for all they’re worth, but they don’t have to be a very good person 

• Haha 1

I'm presuming no one actually ranted at him for adding Worcestershire Sauce to his Spag Bol and he's completely made that up and then chucked in a good measure of Cultural Appropriation bollocks in for good measure. A typical Daily Heil style rant about something than never happened just to get clicks and frothing gammon?

23 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm presuming no one actually ranted at him for adding Worcestershire Sauce to his Spag Bol and he's completely made that up and then chucked in a good measure of Cultural Appropriation bollocks in for good measure. A typical Daily Heil style rant about something than never happened just to get clicks and frothing gammon?

I've done literally nothing all afternoon, but it would still not have been worth actually reading the article to check.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've done literally nothing all afternoon, but it would still not have been worth actually reading the article to check.

Well obviously doing nothing is far more worthwhile than reading the Heil, I applaud you

• Like 1

Someone please help. I've got the intro (might be the chorus) to a song (think it's 90s dance but could easily be wrong) but can't figure out what it is and Google is no help. It goes something like this:

Du-ding, du-ding, du-ding, du-du-du-ding-ding. 

Wife says it's a guy saying words and not dings but it's something like that. Driving myself mad and won't be able to stop until I figure it out. 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Someone please help. I've got the intro (might be the chorus) to a song (think it's 90s dance but could easily be wrong) but can't figure out what it is and Google is no help. It goes something like this:

Wife says it's a guy saying words and not dings but it's something like that. Driving myself mad and won't be able to stop until I figure it out. 

Freed from desire?

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Is it touch my bum by the cheeky girls

12 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I think you mean “Come baby come”, ignore the domestic disagreement that introduces the song and it kicks off similarly to what you’ve written out....

• Thanks 1

Â