General Chat

Stevo985

Just now, mjmooney said:

Your hangovers are obviously not like mine. 

I haven’t drunk enough to have a hangover for over a year. Generally though though I’d feel like crap for between half and a full day.

Just now, theboyangel said:

Mine arrived a few days ago - must find time to drink 9 pints 😂

It’s father in laws birthday in a couple of weeks and the plan is a takeaway at ours so this will be perfect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’m sure it won’t be a problem for most, but for anyone else that ordered one, mine has BBE date of end of June so only ~6 weeks to drink it. 

Probably explains why they are giving it away

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes ! Wendys is back in the uk

Love a square burger 🙂 baconator baby!

just read up on it, first interesting thing was that they've overtaken burger king in the states to become the 2nd biggest burger chain 

they plan on opening 400 stores in the UK! coming to europe too

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

just read up on it, first interesting thing was that they've overtaken burger king in the states to become the 2nd biggest burger chain 

Apparently they've been here before but I don't remember.  Were they not in Brum? 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Apparently they've been here before but I don't remember.  Were they not in Brum? 

Yeah I get confused with them and whatever the old English chain was, don't think I've ever been to one, not in the states either 

37 minutes ago, Genie said:

I haven’t drunk enough to have a hangover for over a year. Generally though though I’d feel like crap for between half and a full day.

I misread your original post as saying that your hangovers DID pass quickly, which is why I deleted my reply (too late!) In fact your hangovers are obviously very much like mine (i.e. bloody awful). And, likewise, I haven't overdone it for a long time. 

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

Just now, Wainy316 said:

Speaking of fast food burger places my biggest regret when I was In California was not having an In-n-Out burger.  By all accounts, it's by far the best.

It's very good but not sure it lives up to the hype. 

1 minute ago, Rds1983 said:

It's very good but not sure it lives up to the hype. 

you just described shake shack too

it was ok, it was way too busy in there though, nothing relaxing or enjoyable about the restaurant itself, it was expensive at over $40 for me and the wife, we had w double burgers with various toppings, chips with various topping, some sort of chicken as a side and 2 drinks for which i of course went root beer floater*, plus some extra sauces, the main issue was the fat in the burger, it was a dripping out the bottom when you bit it burger which i could just about stomach but it put the wife off, its a better piece of meat than mcdonalds but at twice the price theres the question of better value and im not sure it is, same can be said of 5 guys but i never felt that way with the UK burger chains that tried to posh it  up, gourmet and handmade were both pretty good as restaurants rather than fast food

No photo description available.

the view was decent though...

No photo description available.

* on the root beer floater, i remember A&W in Canada being a really good fast food burger

53 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The one thing that would be amazing,  I think it's called "Ihop" or something in America? 

Where you get breakfast and coffee and things.  Went to it everyday when I was in Florida.

Strictly speaking Wimpy was founded in the States. Indiana, to be more accurate. The brand was sold to the UK and was more successful over here.

It’s funny, but it was only in the last year or two I heard of the connection between Wimpy and the character of Wimpy from Popeye (the restaurant being named after the serial hamburger scam artist). I’m not sure what I thought previously, probably that it was just a coincidence I guess.

Random question: Can anyone remember the name of the main curry house on broad street back in the 90’s/2000’s? I think it’s now Pushkar but I can’t remember what it was back in the day. All glass and silver frontage. 

28 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Random question: Can anyone remember the name of the main curry house on broad street back in the 90’s/2000’s? I think it’s now Pushkar but I can’t remember what it was back in the day. All glass and silver frontage. 

Shimla Pinks?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â