General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

The batteries went on one of our burglar alarms sensors and the firm quoted us £80 to come out and replace it. Cost me £4 on amazon to get a replacement battery and took under a minute to switch them. Ridiculous call out fee. 

In my old house we had  patio door window that had misted up. Got a quote from first company, £300.

Second quote, £60. He replaced it in about 15 minutes. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

In my old house we had  patio door window that had misted up. Got a quote from first company, £300.

We had some repointing done about 18 months ago and the first firm quoted £800 plus scaffolding costs. We got a roofer to do it for us charging £150 and him using ladders. Crazy what some people ask for (and probably get away with quite often). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Got to say. That is fantastic price for a sealed unit going. My house has a few sealed units ****. They are a massive pain. 

Just now, Seat68 said:

Got to say. That is fantastic price for a sealed unit going. My house has a few sealed units ****. They are a massive pain. 

To be fair though there is a little more to it, we were getting the front door replaced and we managed to tag it onto that job and the guy kinda did it at cost price I think. 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

To be fair though there is a little more to it, we were getting the front door replaced and we managed to tag it onto that job and the guy kinda did it at cost price I think. 

Definitely. We do the same. We have a replacement door coming up soon and we are going add bits on. 

I passed a couple of nice village pubs today that I expected to have packed beer gardens and they were half empty. Surprised me as I thought most places would be rammed this weekend especially with half decent weather. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

I passed a couple of nice village pubs today that I expected to have packed beer gardens and they were half empty. Surprised me as I thought most places would be rammed this weekend especially with half decent weather. 

2 pubs by me not even bothered opening.  I can understand the one because there is no real outdoor space but the other had a big car park that is rarely more than half full no matter how busy it is. 

Was amazed they didn't put a load of tables out but yes you would think a nice village pub would have no bother filling tables. 

Anyone had double glazing installed recently? I'm getting quotes next week for the front of the house.  Upstairs and downstairs bay window, and 2 other windows.  Got no idea if it would be £500 or £50,000.

A lad had a terrible injury ( no one to blame) whilst I was watching my son in his under 16 game right in front to me today, ambulance job the works. Feel sick as a pig. Horrible venue as well @Seat68it was on a pitch on some flats opposite Barnes Road, do you know where I mean? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

All the ones by me were absolutely packed of people 

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Any excuse for a southerner to have a shandy ;) 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

A lad had a terrible injury ( no one to blame) whilst I was watching my son in his under 16 game right in front to me today, ambulance job the works. Feel sick as a pig. Horrible venue as well @Seat68it was on a pitch on some flats opposite Barnes Road, do you know where I mean? 

Do I? Assuming its Rowley Park. I live and this is literal and figurative. I live over the road from it, not the flats end but towards the other end. Saw an ambulance whizz round, well my wife did as she is nosey. 

9 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Same for every pub around here and has been all week. I had a curious look on their websites, all fully booked for tables. 

30 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Do I? Assuming its Rowley Park. I live and this is literal and figurative. I live over the road from it, not the flats end but towards the other end. Saw an ambulance whizz round, well my wife did as she is nosey. 

Small world but yes thats the place. It blocked the road off for a good 20 mins or so, quite a intricate one way system going the other way. Not good place for a pitch as the flats residents were hurling abuse at the away parents for parking outside the block but seemed nowhere else to park?

If I had known would have brought you a extra cup for the coffee flask

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Small world but yes thats the place. It blocked the road off for a good 20 mins or so, quite a intricate one way system going the other way. Not good place for a pitch as the flats residents were hurling abuse at the away parents for parking outside the block but seemed nowhere else to park?

If I had known would have brought you a extra cup for the coffee flask

Yeah I can imagine. We live near the primary school at the south of the park so not near the flats. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Yeah I can imagine. We live near the primary school at the south of the park so not near the flats. 

The youngest has goalkeeper training at the school if its Rowley Park every week, grotbags takes him 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

The youngest has goalkeeper training at the school if its Rowley Park every week, grotbags takes him 

I mean I don’t want to give too much away as there are people on here who are likely to nick my washing but I am so close on a bad day parents park outside my house. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I mean I don’t want to give too much away as there are people on here who are likely to nick my washing but I am so close on a bad day parents park outside my house. 

watch you pets as well mate

• Like 1

Â