General Chat

Stevo985

1 minute ago, Genie said:

If someone I worked with had thousands of unread emails I’d have a chat with them about it.

Mine are personal - although 99% are spam, so never open them. I will tidy them up when I can be bothered 

I have about 50,000 in my work inbox across various folders. Most need to be kept as they relate to active legal contracts. 

They used it as a reason to sack someone at my old place, they knew how many unread emails were in everyones outlook, when they saw his was over a thousand they started to investigate and found him skiving and gave him the boot

They tracked numbers too and sat those of us who had stupid amounts down to see if everything was alright, mine was somewhere between 80 to 100 a day so I got quizzed about it, how many were relevant and important etc 

Just now, Xela said:

Mine are personal - although 99% are spam, so never open them. I will tidy them up when I can be bothered 

I have about 50,000 in my work inbox across various folders. Most need to be kept as they relate to active legal contracts. 

I read, delete or read then mark as unread everything at the time.

I hate having unread emails. I usually have 6-10 ish at any time which are there as a reminder I need to do something.

I never delete any emails. I read them, action them and file them. I have my personal email which has every email dated back to 2005. My work ones are only 3 years old so I have about 5 in my inboxes and the rest filed. Previous jobs I have backed up on pst, similarly personal emails pre 2005. In 1998 I was stitched up at work and couldn’t prove it as I had deleted the email. Essentially I have every email sent or received from the last 20 plus years. 

• Like 1

I started deleting my old personal emails a few months back. I was worried about just how much historic personal information was in there so started deleting everything up to about 3 years back.

6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I never delete any emails. I read them, action them and file them. I have my personal email which has every email dated back to 2005. My work ones are only 3 years old so I have about 5 in my inboxes and the rest filed. Previous jobs I have backed up on pst, similarly personal emails pre 2005. In 1998 I was stitched up at work and couldn’t prove it as I had deleted the email. Essentially I have every email sent or received from the last 20 plus years. 

Sort of my reasoning. I don't want clients coming back to me claiming they were mis-sold something when they weren't. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

See your fatty drains have reached the CNN this weekend.

What is the fascination in the press with Fatbergs? 

They love a good fatberg story. 

I assume they have been around for decades but there is a weird trend for reporting on them at the moment. 

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What is the fascination in the press with Fatbergs? 

They love a good fatberg story. 

I assume they have been around for decades but there is a weird trend for reporting on them at the moment. 

I believe they are a fairly new phenomenon due to the increased use of wet wipes et cetera. I like them

24 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

I believe they are a fairly new phenomenon due to the increased use of wet wipes et cetera. I like them

disgusted colin farrell GIF

• Haha 2

What I don't get irrespective of the UK fatberg stuff... is why people throw shit that don't break down into the toilet. Wet wipes. q tips, condoms, diapers or whatever. What makes anyone think that's a good idea. Morons. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What I don't get irrespective of the UK fatberg stuff... is why people throw shit that don't break down into the toilet

Mainly down to the fact that the vast majority of people are thick as mince and/or ignorant. 

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mainly down to the fact that the vast majority of people are thick as mince and/or ignorant. 

I don't know. I think maybe they just don't give a shit. Out of sight of mind is strong with most people.

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't know. I think maybe they just don't give a shit. Out of sight of mind is strong with most people.

...is the right answer.

It's Somebody Else's Problem. 

Â