General Chat

Stevo985

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

On a bank holiday weekend? Are you insane?

Yeah, we were desperate to do something. It was busy, not mega busy. Saying that, I now don’t want to see another queue for a while.

Walked about a million miles because the OH refused to go on the cable cars. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I don't know. I think maybe they just don't give a shit. Out of sight of mind is strong with most people.

This. Anybody eating your tea, skip this post…

one day a couple of years ago, summer time and I’m in the back yard, drinking a cool drink, listening to the cricket on my phone. Then there’s some clanking and clattering in the back alley behind my gate… and the smell of shit. WTF!

Next door’s daughter had been staying there and had been flushing female hygiene items down the loo. This had blocked the sewer at the back of our houses. Next door neighbour was, with mask on, engaged in the task of unblocking a stack of backed up shit in the drain right next to the gate. He did it, but the area stank for days. He was not happy and the bollocking she received was audible through thick walls.

”I didn’t know” was the case for her defence.

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Well this took and unexpected turn.

We got a fairly quick reply to our appeal saying they’d checked the CCTV footage, seen that he hadn’t stopped there for a few days and said they were mistaken. They apologised and dropped the charges.

I was shocked, I was expecting this to drag on and on.

That's highly unlike these parking companies. Congrats!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

What I don't get irrespective of the UK fatberg stuff... is why people throw shit that don't break down into the toilet. Wet wipes. q tips, condoms, diapers or whatever. What makes anyone think that's a good idea. Morons. 

was looking at a project in London a few years back, it was on the land of some start up business centre, was full of hipsters but the owners were good guys, one of the businesses there trying to get going was a bamboo toilet paper company, saving the planet by sourcing the bog roll sustainably, they were of course providing all the bog roll for the centre, everyone was using it, the problem was that the paper doesn't break down in the same way as standard bog roll, it was clogging the drains

i had to go down to London at 6am, meet up with a gang of drain guys from Wolverhampton (again nice guys but you can imagine what they were like...) to rod the clogged up bamboo toilet paper out of their drainage system

also refurbed several leisure centres over the years, its mental whats down their drains! so much hair, the rubber bands with the keys, loads of stuff, the main thing though they just have a general build up of dead skin and other natural things that wash off in the shower! they call it "body fat" and it was **** horrible

• Shocked 1

We had an accommodation block at a teaching hospital that needed a complete refurb, including resizing the drains. The theory was the drainage had never been the right size for the number of people in the building so it kept backing up.

Turned out, the drains were the right size, they just weren’t designed for people flushing socks and knickers away.

They literally had to run an education programme, repeatedly, for doctors and nurses, on what it was ok to flush down the bog. With diagrams of socks, pants, gloves, face cloths and handkerchiefs on the ‘no’ side of the leaflet.

What background have you come from when you think, I’ll just pop these socks down the loo?

16 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Slightly Villa related and unsure if posted elsewhere.

Purity Ale are offering a ‘free’ 5l keg of Aston Villa Pale Ale (just pay for the postage)

https://puritybrewing.com/product/villa-keg-offer/

have no idea if it’s any good!

It's a very solid pale ale. Not going to blow you away, but it's very drinkable, and for a fiver, a bloody bargain. I've ordered one, hoping for a bit of sun for a barbecue and a few pints of that on the next bank holiday :) 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We had an accommodation block at a teaching hospital that needed a complete refurb, including resizing the drains. The theory was the drainage had never been the right size for the number of people in the building so it kept backing up.

Turned out, the drains were the right size, they just weren’t designed for people flushing socks and knickers away.

They literally had to run an education programme, repeatedly, for doctors and nurses, on what it was ok to flush down the bog. With diagrams of socks, pants, gloves, face cloths and handkerchiefs on the ‘no’ side of the leaflet.

What background have you come from when you think, I’ll just pop these socks down the loo?

At my parents house when I lived at home there was a washing basket with a lid completely opposite the toilet. 

On more than one occasion and I lifted the lid on the toilet and threw socks in there. 

Never flushed though, just fished them out muttering at myself. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

At my parents house when I lived at home there was a washing basket with a lid completely opposite the toilet. 

On more than one occasion 8 lifted the lid on the toilet and threw socks in there. 

Never flushed though, just fished them out muttering at myself. 

I hope you never shit in the basket. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It's amazing really. 4 things go in the loo. Shit, piss, bog-roll and a hangover from hell. Literally nothing else. And still people get it wrong. 🤬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

If I remember my formative teenage years correctly there is something else missing from your list

Socks still go in the washing basket.

• Haha 1

Anybody got YouTube Premium? Losing the adverts is attractive, and I'm also interested in the download option. But... are they 'true' downloads, that you can keep forever, burn CDs, etc.? Or are they like Spotify downloads, that you can only access via the app? 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Anybody got YouTube Premium? Losing the adverts is attractive, and I'm also interested in the download option. But... are they 'true' downloads, that you can keep forever, burn CDs, etc.? Or are they like Spotify downloads, that you can only access via the app? 

I have it Mike its download and view in app. Not download and burn, keep forever. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

There’s loads of online YouTube rippers where you just paste the url of the video and it rips the audio to mp3.

I saw a programme about it once 👀 

• Like 2

Â