General Chat

Stevo985

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I only own the latter. I would probably rub dirt in the first pair just so I don't look like a word removed. 

I have a pair of those :) 

But I learned long ago if VT thinks you look like a word removed, then you're probably dressed well

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, bickster said:

There may be photographic evidence of me dancing barechested on the riser between the two dancefloors in the main room of Nation (Cream's venue) at Medication, where I've run down from the DJ Box having recieved the news that over 2500 punters had paid to get in. This became a bit of a tradition. I would imagine someone, somewhere has photos of that (I don't). Closest I have of me in a club are these...

Me with Stuart, The owner of Nation

Me bored out of my tits doing Front STage Security at Voice of the Beehive at The State Ballroom

Me Djing at the Cosmos

And Me VERY drunk doing my best Sideshow Bob impression at about 4am after a Formal Dinner where I recieved an award

I have a few others but not much

Taff and STuart.jpg

Oh my days. 

That first photo.  Take away the curly top hair and replace it with military style short back and sides and I wouldn't be able to tell you from my brother. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Thats why I like Tramps. It does what it says on the tin!

I had too many "ID please"... From Kidderminster? **** off home then" nights there when I was 18/19

Not sure what the reason was but most of kiddy went to Worcester, I properly hated the place, more effort than it was worth, tramps was shit and full of clearings in the woods but mates wanted to go for the cheese room, especially if couples were involved, broad street was reserved for a birthday minibus night out but that was a massive shit hole too, snobs was discovered early 20s, wasn't until I started going out with work mates from brum in my mid 20s that I started drinking properly in the city and enjoying it

Haven't been to Worcester clubbing in 10+ years now, rarely drink there either

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Sportswear has been "in" for a while now. If you're not wearing trainers in a club/bar you'll probably be in the minority.

Smart trainers I mean like the picture above

Imagine trying to ben down in this super tight jeans....

Rippppppppp

Some of the jeans men wear these days are like womens leggings

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I have a pair of those :) 

But I learned long ago if VT thinks you look like a word removed, then you're probably dressed well

When it comes to politics then VT  is more wrong than a three way with your Nan 

However ,  when it comes to white trainers , gravy on fish and Queen , then the VT view is 100% correct :) 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Rippppppppp

I can't take the piss out of that having spent a good proportion of my youth wearing Cosmic Stretch jeans. 

I can actually remember seeing my mate wearing some jeans which WEREN'T skin tight and thinking hmm, that's interesting, maybe I should get some jeans like that.  That was basically the end in 80's stretch jeans, the Cosmic jeans company must have gone bankrupt and Pepe with free keyring took over. 

My CB radio handle was Drainpipes. 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Rippppppppp

They're stretchy. They don't rip

• Like 1

Anyone ever do the fifth in Walsall on student night Wednesday 50p a pint. Used to regularly get carried out of there at 2:30 in the morning and still make work on a Thursday

Edited by Follyfoot

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They're stretchy. They don't rip

Lycra in jeans. 

Blew my mind when I discovered it! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I had too many "ID please"... From Kidderminster? **** off home then" nights there when I was 18/19

Not sure what the reason was but most of kiddy went to Worcester, I properly hated the place, more effort than it was worth, tramps was shit and full of clearings in the woods but mates wanted to go for the cheese room, especially if couples were involved, broad street was reserved for a birthday minibus night out but that was a massive shit hole too, snobs was discovered early 20s, wasn't until I started going out with work mates from brum in my mid 20s that I started drinking properly in the city and enjoying it

Haven't been to Worcester clubbing in 10+ years now, rarely drink there either

I wasn't specifically talking about Tramps in Worcester, i've never been, but its a popular club name :) . There was one in London and there was a Tramps on Broad Street, Brum, as well. Just before my time but i think its the waste ground next to Lee Longlands now. There was talking of finally building on it and having a huge apartment tower there.  

Birmingham-in-1980s-28.jpg

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I’m a bit of a weirdo, I never once enjoyed going out to get drunk or just have a few drinks and dance in the clubs etc... I hated it all. Academy, Snobs or wherever. It was something I just did to fit in as my mates were doing it. I wasn’t confident, girls didn’t like me, I found the whole thing miserable. Led me down a dark spiral that period of my life. Ugh, lot of bad memories of late teens/early 20’s. 

Always preferred going out for a couple of drinks and a meal with a few mates or family instead.

Pretty much this for me, back in the 70s. Although it didn't lead to any sort of dark spiral. I just think I always preferred 'old blokes' pubs', where the beer was better and cheaper, and there wasn't that rather desperate atmosphere of trying (and usually failing) to pull obnoxious girls while shouting over crap music. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Xela said:

I wasn't specifically talking about Tramps in Worcester, i've never been, but its a popular club name :) . There was one in London and there was a Tramps on Broad Street, Brum, as well. Just before my time but i think its the waste ground next to Lee Longlands now. There was talking of finally building on it and having a huge apartment tower there.  

Birmingham-in-1980s-28.jpg

They have planning permission to build one of these new fandangled ultra slim skyscrapers that have taken over billionaires row in manhatten 

Would definitely be the first on the UK maybe the first in europe too

Of course delayed due to the rona 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Pretty much this for me, back in the 70s. Although it didn't lead to any sort of dark spiral. I just think I always preferred 'old blokes' pubs', where the beer was better and cheaper, and there wasn't that rather desperate atmosphere of trying (and usually failing) to pull obnoxious girls while shouting over crap music. 

I remember few years back me and a mate went out to watch a big England game. The sports bar near by was absolutely **** rammed, could barely get through the door. The bar is massive as was 4 deep the entire length.

We said no way, old mans pub 2 doors down. Got a seat right in front of the TV, no queue at the bar, the beer was really nice. We couldn’t believe how so many mugs had piled into the other place for a miserable experience. When 2 doors down there was the game, air con, nice beer, comfy seats. It wasn’t as lively but still some cheering and such.

We were glad to be out of it when we saw the scenes after, it was during that phase where throwing beer all over the place during every goal became the norm.

(I wonder if VAR will put a curb on that?).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 3

I think for me, the appeal of going to clubs wasn’t so much dancing or trying to meet women (although there was an element of that), it was mainly a case of “where can get a drink and carry the night on for a couple more hours?”. 

Quite often we weren’t ready to call it quits at 11:30/midnight. Even now, and I’m organising a night out to somewhere that isn’t familiar to me or the group, beforehand I’ll try and find somewhere that’s open until around 2am, although I disregard clubs and just try and seek out “lively” pubs. We rarely reach 2am, but it’s good to have the option.

• Like 1

Â